ROTF Demolisher

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jestermon, Jul 3, 2009.

1. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

Ok so at first I called these "gizmo duck" transformers, but after seeing the movie this big fella was just out soaking up the Chinese nightlife.

My question is, now after seeing the movie I want to get the figure since the sale is on, I have read a few reviews, but does anyone have anything else to say, is he a get or leave on shelf?

Also, about the uni-wheel foot, is it that it will not suppport his weight with out the arms down and will just fold up, or just the balance issue, for instance if you put a stand around his base somehow like Chromia, could you pose the arms?

Thanks alot

2. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    Demolisher is a really cool fig

Get him

3. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love this figure. I totally recommend. But yeah, you need to use his arms to support him but its not bad.

4. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

It's not a wieght issue cuz he's light as a feather, and the joints are sturdy enough to hold him up. He's a great figure cuz he's one of those figures with "hidden modes," if you like that sort of thing. I'd recommend him.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    1. Get him. He's worth the money. More fun if you have some legends to pose him with.

2. It's a balance issue. Some may have one wheel that may collapse easier (mine does) but both the wheels spin freely around his body, so either would work.

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Demolishor is fun. He get a bad rap, but he's really a good figure. I'd recommend him.

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

He's cool and all 'cause he's different, but God knows I had a hell of a time transforming him because the instructions suck so much -_-

8. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

When the ROTF toys first appeared on shelves, I thought to myself, "what a dumb looking figure." And even shortly after, I saw that they were shelf warmers (and still are.)

However, after watching the film and seeing how bad ass he was to help open the film, I had to purchase him. Everything I thought prior to owning this figure, I now take back. He is actually one of my most favorite figures of the ROTF line.

Would be cool if he was the same size as the Scavenger in Supreme Devastator combiner. I would love a bigger sized Demolisher! If you don't have him yet, get him. He's so worth it!

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    He'd be an easier sell at a cheaper price point.

Not something along the lines of him not being voyager sized, or having less plastic or anything like that, but just because he's so...much less than other voyagers. He just doesn't come across as a transformer that should cost $20 to me. Shame, because I really like his design. I'd consider getting him sometime, but there are far more voyagers and deluxes I'd rather put the money towards.

10. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Feeeeeedback forum.

And he's awesome.

11. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's grown on me too. Initially I was less than enthusiastic about him, but now I find him charming. I don't buy Legends class figures (aside from Classics Cosmos and the upcoming Devastator one), but Demolishor's at least tempted me to pick up a Legends Prime to display him with.

As an added bonus, he's one of the few Movie figures (not counting the more younger kid-oriented FABs and that sort) that I'd feel completely comfortable giving to a kid. The transformation isn't very difficult and it'd be fun to roll Demolishor through a row of Autobots.

12. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

If you see him and have the money, GET HIM. I haven't seen a TF with so many possible fan modes since Cybertron Supreme Starscream.

13. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Get him, and pick up Legends Prime with him. :D 

14. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Agreed.

Legends Prime is an awesome little Legend anyway, but his scale with Demolisher and combining powers make him SUPER awesome.

15. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

g

I got em' he is fantasic, still wish they made some kind of kickstands that flipped out on either side, or some kind of stand like the Arcee twin, if it works good, do not have them to know.

16. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    What fan modes are these?

~Matt Booker