ROTF Deluxe Wave 1 Figures Released at US Retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Otispq, May 3, 2009.

1. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really hope all these mistakes in putting the figures out early is going to cause Hasbro to move up the street date for at least some of the figures, like they did with the Deluxe class last movie. I'm really looking forward to the RotF line, but would like to be able to break the purchase up over this month, rather than one massive buy (and massive amount of stuff to haul) on May 30th.

2. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

If Hasbro really wanted stores to mind the street date, they should put something bigger than a 1sq." sticker saying "Do not shelve until May 30th".

Anyway, I wish I had time and money to go hunting for these things like I used to, but I'll probably just have to wait until the 30th when they're guaranteed to show up.

3. Spyro

Spyro Banned

Anything in Coweat County, Georgia?

4. topnotch97

topnotch97 Lexi Belle fan

surprise to see pegs were empty due to easter holiday. well no dice around my area.

5. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I got to get them!!!!!!

6. Emperor Zarak

Emperor Zarak Decepticon Emperor

News Credits:
    *soooooo want*

7. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    so otnight i saw a FULL pallet of Deluxes, Voyagers, Scouts, FABS, and Robot Replicas but still in the box....

8. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Saw carts and carts full at the local one. All opened by the employees, asked if I could, got the go ahead, went to the register.
    "SALE NOT ALLOWED"
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

9. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

work has them in the back. I work at walmart, I'm buddies with the toys guy and when he took me to the back room, the managers we putting them away, so nobody would put them out. ARRRG!!!!

10. Sam Witwicky

Sam Witwicky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why do I get the feeling that most of you are going to be disappointed when you go out to find these today lol. I plan on checking some places too but I don't have my hopes up. I'll keep checking on here on my iphone for updates.

11. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Don't see soundwave yet but sideswipe I might get.

12. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I went to my Walmart just in case...nothing.

13. Yobuster

Yobuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally i'd prefer they don't break the street date. I always found it more fun to line up for the midnight madness or early morning lineups and meet other fellow collectors. And then rush in and grab it all on that day. At least that way, everyone has an even chance of getting it and you're more likely to get what you need in all the assortments.

Its like this time for Star Wars, i met two other guys who i sort of knew there and we decided to work together and was able to grab everything we wanted that day.

14. WarMachine73

WarMachine73 Well-Known Member

Well, I can understand a store Like Fred Meyer getting away with it. While Kroeger (Freds parent company) maybe a decent size chain, the "Freddys" stores are still small enough to slide under Hasbros radar...mostly. Wal-Mart, however, could get royally screwed by doing this. I spoke with Hasbros NW rep at a couple of different stores (she followed another collector and I around the Targets and Wal-Marts in the area during the '07 release of the toys) and she had Target employees at one store hopping to get their display completed in time and had mentioned that should a store release stuff too soon Hasbro could pull the whole line right then and there and fine the store for breach of contract on top of it. Hasn't stopped anyone from doing it yet but I wouldn't want to be the store caught by that gal. She was all business/no BS when it came to the product lines. She was happy to get feed-back from us fans however and even took a pic of me and the other collector with our purchases. I wouldn't be surprised to see her patrolling the NW stores again in the next few weeks.

15. bonafide1498

bonafide1498 Cavatron shall reign!

Ebay:
    I'll probably be lucky if i can find em 2 weeks after the "release" date here in Indiana. Hell, i couldn't even find a universe cyclonus when it came out!

16. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Practically empty pegs at the 2 Wal-Marts and Target in my area.
    Oh well, gives me more time to save a little more cash and if they keep to the street date I'll know exactly when they'll be there so I can get what I want.

17. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    That's sounds awesome I would dig having a regional hasbro rep come shopping with me. And good to know there are valid reasons not to get upset at a store for holding the release date. We would'nt want all the rotf product to not show up at a local store for a hasbro penalty.

18. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I thought the way the toy industry works Walmart has Hasbro by the balls.

19. Spyro

Spyro Banned

So, has anybody seen anything in Georgia? More specifically, Coweta County? Just went to the Peachtree City Walmart, no RotF. Of course, that's exactly what could be expected.

20. JuicyNo

JuicyNo Well-Known Member

When someone spots them, they'll post it in the sightings forums. No need to repeatedly ask around.