ROTF Deluxe Jolt pictorial review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Peaugh, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    :lolol :lolol :lolol  Peaugh, can I PLEASE use that as my wallpaper? :D 

2. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I'll get him, but he sure looks wide, and that head is pretty damn goofy. Maybe it is accurate to the movie, but with all his screen time, I didn't get much of a chance to check it out too closely. Thanks for the pics as always.

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Sure, go for it.

4. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sweet, can't wait for him to hit retail. How about a pic of him using his whips to fuse the Ice Cream twins(kinda like what he did for Prime & Jetfire in the movie)?

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    This.

6. Demonicon

Demonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can we get a shot of the "transplant"? :D 

7. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Looks cool for a rushed figure.

Too bad the whips are so short... :( 

8. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    From what I see I can't really say that I dig his robot mode, but I'll get him regardless to complete my on-screen Autobot lineup. Do we have any stills or concept art to compare him to his robot mode in the movie?

9. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah a cool shot of all the chevys and the arcee bikes would be great! :) 

10. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the review..I just checked the scene with Jolt and Ratchet upgrading Prime..the panels on his back are definitely up..so the 'unofficial' way is definitely more official! :p 

Didn't like this toy but I am warming up to it, will get him.

11. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Got this guy today. SO far I really like him, probably would rank him just below Sideswipe in terms of fun Car Robot.

12. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

Anyone know the best way to do his feet and back so it looks like the model in the movie?

13. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    The banana makes me want to get him now.

14. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got him on Tuesday. Totally awesome figure. One of my favorites from rotf so far

15. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I got, and returned mine, on Thursday. I wanted to go to Target on Thursday morning to not only check to see if the latest wave was out, but to surprise my nephew and Mom who were there. I managed to do both.

I picked up both Jolt and, on a whime, Blazemaster. I was figuring on taking Blazemaster back as he wasn't high on my list. I have been anxiously waiting for Jolt because he looked badass, even for a hybrid. Strange, the South Park song about driving hybrids just popped into my mind...

Anyhow, I love his vehicle mode. It is a very nice almost royal blue color and looks very streamlined and fast. Fast. Hybrid. Again, two things that are like oil and water. His car mode is very accurate to the Chevrolet Volt and has very nice details. He has fully painted headlights, and even tail lights! It is pleasant to see such details on a figure.

His transformation, after getting some of OTHER ROTF toys, was a big letdown. It is pretty basic.

His robot mode is very cool and visually stunning. His electrowhips are really cool, and he's ready to ghost ride AND whip any day now. Until you look for the details. He does have a lot of sculpted details but the disappear and blend in because he has VERY little paint applications. He has his face painted, and some faux wheels on his upper thighs. That is it. He looks like a sub-average repaint figure missing paint applications to make details even MORE visible. His head also has almost NO articulation because of it's shape and some big odd plastic piece put conveniently behind it.

Overall, he was a big letdown, and for me a pass that I returned. Between the deluxe, and the FAB, I'd say go with the FAB version for more overall details and paint applications.

16. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I can't wait to find this guy. He has been at the top of my list since his inception into ROTF. I don't really know why, but after seeing his FAB toy, I got so excited to see what his deluxe version was all about.

I have to say, this toy looks cool. The only problem, I have with it, is...after watching the movie so many times, it looks as if his face is not too movie accurate.

17. arcee3

arcee3 Well-Known Member

I was pleasently surprised by him. The whips are actually hard plastic, which is better than what I was expecting. The clear panels really work and show off the detail as well. My only gripes are he's a bit difficult to stand, the arm spikes can get in the way of the arm articulation, and head articulation is sorta crappy, but those are all small gripes. Now if only we could actually see him in a decent part!

18. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Damn, I really want Jolt and I have fiddled with his yesterday (my friend's one) night and I think he is pretty poseable for his design. The head articulation might be limited but I think that can be fixed with some modding.

19. imranbecks

imranbecks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Deluxe Jolt looks better than at first expected. Pity that the head articulation is rather limited. When posed decently, the robot mode looks superb! And this is probably the easiest ROTF Deluxe to transform to and fro..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. orionpax636

orionpax636 What the...?

News Credits:
    I like this guy a whole lot more than I thought I would. Pretty poseable, and you can fix his back panels pretty much how you want. His leg joints and waist allow for some pretty dynamic posing. The blues aren't exactly the best paint, but good enough for me.

My only minor gripes are his head "restraint," his somewhat lacking whips, and the fact that the chest on mine doesn't seem to connect to anything when swung into place in robot mode. Is it actually supposed to lock into anything?