ROTF Deluxe Class Cannon Bumblebee Video Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by D Banks, Apr 27, 2009.

1. D Banks

D Banks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    maybe you said it but i watch without sound :p 

cant you split the frontbumper just like the 2007 camaro bumblebee?

3. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

A definite no go for me. The bumper/chest not breaking down like it does in the film just killed any hope of me buying this.

Thanks for the review though, I appreciate it. It's better to know now, than to waste $13.00

Also, who did you buy him from? (if you don't mind, that is.) If it's who I think it is, I'd like your feedback on the transaction. (you can PM it if you don't feel comfortable giving the name out.)

Thanks!

4. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

Only if there is a way to switch the preview BB chest with this cannon BB and you would have a perfect BB figure for your movie collection! I'm going to see if i could do that!

5. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Yeah... this is gonna be a pass :)  IMO, The head looks a little goofy & a little large in proportion to the body but ignoring that - The 1st movie's BB seems to be an overall better figure - but that's just my opinion :) 

So, Who's gonna be the 1st to score the ROTF BB w/ Sam? :wink: 

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Cool. The more I see this guy, the better he looks. The inaccurate chest doesn't bother me one bit. I actually like it's look better than the accurate deluxe's chest. I'll be renaming my Premium Bumblebee as Goldbug when I get this guy. The head looks less creepy on this version for some reason, though it still creeps me out when I look at the Preview wave Bumblebee.

7. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    I got mine from TFC Toys, he's been pretty reliable (and dirt cheap) lately.

8. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can anyone confirm or deny if Cannon Bumblebee and Preview Bumblebee share the same head? Thanks.

9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Oh you mean if they share the same creepy, demonic cold stare..then YES! :D  :lol 

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Your attepmts at humour fall flat with a satisfying thud. :p 

That said, I'm not getting this figure. It's cool the the cannons deploy in both modes, but Preview Bumblebee just looks better.

11. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He aint bad, but looks odd without the splitting chest. Think I prefer preview Bee to this guy.

Though I'll be skipping the deluxes and grabbing HA Bumblebee.

12. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    I really like this. I will probably get this instead of Preview BB.

Thanks for the review.

13. BlindWolf

BlindWolf Member

i'll defo pick him up IF he gets repainted say dark blue or something, a paint job we havn't seen yet. as i already have PBB, CJ and SBB so a new colour would sell me

14. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Agreed. They should make a Bug Bite deco, on a count of his bug-eyes!

15. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I'll get him, just so he's in scale to everyone else because HA Bumble isn't is he? That said, I'm still geting the Human Alliance figure.

16. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seems cool and kids that had problems transforming the first BB will probably like this one a lot better. For me though, I'm just not digging the chest.

17. Fago

Fago Encore enthusiast

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very complete review. Too complete, probably. I skipped most of the 12 minues... come on, 3-4 min is enough time for a good review.

About the figure, between this and the Preview BB, I'd get this one... if any. I already have the first movie one, so the Preview does not feel like much a difference. Except for the creepy head, that this one already has.

The Cannon one feels different enough to justify buying it. Love the arm/hand articulation. HOWEVER, the chest part kills it. If 'splitable', it would be perfect and a definite buy. Can ANYTHING be done about it?

18. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

Great review D. It's nice to see the reverse transformation, as a lot of the newer figures seem to be outrageously complex. I hope you do the reverse for Mixmaster as well. :) 

I...just don't know yet what to think of this guy. I love that they cleared up the garbage in the arm transformation and gave him some more posability, but I'm not really digging the chest. I don't care that it's not 'movie accurate' (ZOMG!), I'm just not sure it looks...right. I need to make the choice between this guy and the preview though. My Movie one BB (Classic) died of Automorph-itis, and Cliffjumper just ain't filling his shoes the way he should. I'll just have to go to Wal-Mart and stand in the toy isle holding one of each and stare at them for a good thirty minutes before deciding which one to get (cause my wife just loooovvvveeeesssss when I do that.) :) 

Thanks again D!

19. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    BB looks like he's a wearing a blonde wig... :) 

20. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like this one, but the chest kills me; also wish the shoulder armor could be raised, so the arms would look more accurate.

Seems like there should be a way to mount the doors to his front fenders & mount the fenders on a rotation joint so the wings could be brought closer together in the back.

Also love the posing of the backpack you've done here - would rather have extra-large shoulders (oh no... not on a robot warrior...) than the yellow diaper-butt.

If the wing bases could be pulled in tighter on his back & the shoulder armor brought higher, this mold would be greatly improved. No doubt a basher's gonna make the chest into something better, but with bashers like Purple-Bot coming in over a year later with awesome mods, this might be better tried on an individual level...

Can't wait to see what the new line spawns as far as kb's go...