ROTF Decepticon Symbol 1GB USB Storage device

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Rhinox555, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 ライオコンボイ

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm not sure if these are in stores yet since Hasbro sent me this as a reward for being part of the TF:Conversions crew , and i didn't see a feedback thread for this, yet. Or a news thread for that matter, but i may just have missed it (maybe someone can confirm this?).
    So i figured i'd make a feedback thread, pics coming tomorrow.

-Packaging-
    The packaging is really nice, and instantly reminds one of The Fallen. The front has the typical "Fallen's face background" embedded, with "Transformers" and a Decepticon logo in reflective silver, underneath that, "colourless" letters say "more than meets the eye". The rest of the box has a metallicy/rocky texture, like The Fallen's skin, with a gunmetal finish almost looking like it was drybrushed, some traces of silver are also present. The protective material inside are some red sponge-like sheets, with a cut-out space for the device. The red color of these sponge-like sheets are visible through the typical triangular indentations that ROTF packaging has. The back of the box has a transparent decal saying "Dreamworks pictures" in the top left, the Paramount logo in the top right, the Hasbro logo in the bottom left, and some copyright text in the bottom right.
    Packaging verdict: 10/10, a beautiful packaging that embodies the feel of the movie's titular character.

-The Device-
    The USB device itself is made of rubber, seemingly close to the kind of a pencil eraser. The device is primarily colored grey, with goldish-yellow outlines. There's also a black faded paint, which has a problem i'll get to in a moment. To use the device, the bottom of the logo has to be pulled off. This is were negative point one comes in, instead of seperating at the crest like one of the USB sticks promoting the first movie, it seperates quite randomly at the middle, leaving a large seam slashing through the symbol horizontally. Problem two shows itself here as well; the black fade is only on one side of this seam, which makes it that much more visible and obnoxious. The smaller crest traditionally located inside the regular crest is clear red, and light shines through it when the device is plugged in. This forms problem three, albeit a smaller problem than the others, since it's not necesarily "wrong", but just "could've been better", the red lighting would probably have looked best in the eyes instead. These three points prevent the device from having a perfect score, but it sure as hell is a sweet-looking USB device.
    Not much to say about the actual functionality of the device, it plugs in and stores stuff just like any other USB Storage device.
    Device verdict: 7/10, three points could use improvement, but if it's not too expensive in stores, it's definitely worth picking up.

UPDATE:
    Here's the pics. First,the front.
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately, the shininess of the letters and the logo doesn't show up on camera very well, neither does the "more than meets the eye" text.

Next, the indentations that reveal the red sponge. Looks very vibrant to mimic the red lights in Decepticon eyes.

[​IMG]

Some copyright information:

[​IMG]

A weak attempt (using a cheap phone :lol  ) at showing the amazing texture of the box:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Inside the box:

[​IMG]

The USB-device, ready for use:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. EvaleSuperion

EvaleSuperion Banned

News Credits:
    nice man thanks for sharing!

3. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    :useless 

Edit: Woohoo!!!! Pics. :thumb 

Looks awesome, I really love the packaging.

4. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    ^ Agreed! Merchandise Review threads without pictures are just a bunch of words that amount to nothing.....

5. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 ライオコンボイ

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Did you honestly miss the big bold letters telling you when pics would be up?
    Anyway, uploadin' em now.

EDIT: Done, see top post.

6. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks great. Thanks for the review, I'll definitely pick one up if I see it.

7. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 ライオコンボイ

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm not sure if they're released yet.
    If they are, you shouldn't have much trouble finding one.
    If they're not, i don't know if they ever will be.

8. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Is there an Autobot one? >.>

9. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 ライオコンボイ

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't know, but i would assume so.