ROTF Dead End face breaking

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NeoGutsman, May 30, 2009.

1. NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman Well-Known Member

I had to return the Dead End I got last night and get a new one - his face cracked off! :) 

Sorry I don't have pics (I returned him before I realized I should have snapped a pic with my phone). Basically, his face is literally like one of those masquerade masks with eye holes and a hollow post in the back. It's screwed on from the back of his head. The post on mine broke midway through :( 

I think it had something to do with the light auto-morphing feature of this figure (moving the windshield down in the back so that his head rolls back and under). It seems that I probably should have tilted his head back before doing the auto-morph. It probably caught on something and stress-cracked off.

Just a heads-up. Otherwise, this is a really neat robot with a cool alt mode. Still worth the money!

2. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Hmmm. maybe I should buy a few extra. They just seem pricey for the size.

That and I won't see wave 2 until wave 1 is bare bones peged.

3. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

McFarlane figures used to disintegrate as soon as air touched them. Looks like Hasbro is in competition with Todd now.

4. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I never had a problem with McFarlane figures breaking, except Norman Bates knife anyway lol. It was more the lack of articulation that posed problems for me (excuse the pun)
    Is it easy to glue the face back on if this happens?