Minor/Repaint: ROTF Cyclonus

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Treadshot A1, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Heh, i guess i should thank my Chemistry class. The girl who was collecting results from our experiment has yet to send them to me, so i had a day spare to get some bashing done. I decided to finally finish Cyclonus, as he's been sitting on my kitbashing table for over half a year now.

He's made from a ROTF Dirge (in hindsight the repaint ROTF Jetblade would've been easier) with a missile battery from a Gundam Heavyarms Custom. I also gave him a new alt mode, this is achieved simply by mistransforming the legs, no mods needed.

I made one major mod to this guy, fixing up his right arm. I'm one of those people that believe sideways elbows are crap, so i took off the nosecone and his right hand, and put a ball joint socket in both, with the actual ball attached to the front on the jet. His arm's now bending naturally, and slightly longer. Whichever part isn't being used stows where the hand normally goes: behind the cockpit. There's a pic at the bottom, though i'm not sure if that helps much.

The other mods are all aesthetic, mainly. The peg that holds the halves of his forehead together i cut off, because they weren't going to clasp together anyways. Actually, that was the reason why i made this into Cyclonus and not Jetstorm: rabbit ears! I also put a slash in his left shoulder, and a bullet wound in his chest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you guys like him! As always, C&C or you will be devoured by Unicron! Mwahahahaha!

Attached Files:

2. Screamingjet

Screamingjet Well-Known Member

An Inventive use of this mould- especially since you were even able to give him his classic "bunny ears" :) 

3. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That looks really cool! I like the head and I like the overall paint apps!

4. wheeljack2010

wheeljack2010 Constructicon

Looks nice man! I might try something like this using the Terradive mold. I think that mold scream "Cyclonus" more to me, but this works as well! Good job! Love that purple!

5. Bern

Bern Pathetic fools!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Haha damn! I was just tooling around with this guy the other day thinking the same thing! Early bird and the worm and all. Lol.

Nice job!

6. Ironkorr

Ironkorr Ironkorr Customs

Ebay:
    About time someone did this, looks great.