ROTF Corvette bot revealed and new character confirmed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Last I checked, that wasn't your argument at all. You were saying that Spider-man only made relatively small changes to the characters. Which is, regardless of their reception with the fans, false.

Guess what? So are you. See?:

They have. And for the same reasons.

No. His head was not metal, his mouth was moveable, and he had a hat...but I guess he was green, so if color is the only similarity worth getting right, it'd please a lot of fans in this thread.

His name is the Green Goblin. Was there really any sane person who believed there was any danger of people removing that color? Even with it, his color scheme was vastly different, because it discarded his most abundant color...purple. As for the glider, was it bat-shaped? I don't seem to remember it being. His changes were on the level of Starscream and Ironhide easily.

2. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Yeah I have been more upset about the designs for Animated than for the movie designs. The only design that bothered me was Megatron back like 2 years ago when the first pick was shown, but since then, Ive loved how this movie franchise has developed.

3. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    Sideswipe? Really? Okay.

4. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    The glider did have a slight bat shape to the wings, but not the center. As for the costume, it actually DID have purple in it. The costume actually had a gradient scale of purple in the helmet and parts of the body armor. It worked, tho.

Like Joker in The Dark Knight. Nothing like the character in the comics, but worked perfectly in the world Nolan created.

Rather than nitpick, you have to look at the whole picture.

My best analogy came to me on the drive to work... Transformer mythologies are like a Football team. I got hooked on the 49ers as a child, during the Montana years. Then came Steve Young, who brought a different kind of energy to the team, but it was still the 49ers. Now, 99.9999% of the team is different, but I'm still a 49ers fan because at the core, it's the team I'm faithful to, not the individual players.

5. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude, I hated the Animated designs until I saw them in motion (and not in that funny ass poster that's kinda distorted). Now I love them. I hated Bay's movie bots before the movie came out, now I STILL hate them. So, the problem with saying that people should wait until it's out is less impactful b/c I'm speaking from experience with movie 1. It is obvious that not much has really changed since movie one in terms of design, and I doubt the CG quality will get better than movie 1, so the designs in motion will look much like movie 1's designs in motion, which I still didn't like.

The Animated line did things right for the most part. Bay's didn't IMO. My problem is that I can look at 90% (or more) of the Animated designs and tell you who they are if they are characters with G1 names. In the movie, I can't do that. And by personality, I can't do that with the movie bots either. Animated is kinda bad about that too, but the personalities "fit" the characters and the movie personalities just seemed like they were forced on a car rather than a character.

6. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    I think people care to much about a character that has looked the same for years..

Its time to move on, stop sucking at the tit, this is a different day in age :) 

7. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    when will some ppl understand that when making a game, cartoon or comic into a movie you cant do that 100% , (some say Ironman is but I have yet to see it). They do the movies to fit the big audience and not the 10% geeks that collect the toys, comics and watch the cartoon.

it doesent really mather if Sideswipe is Red, Yellow, Orange or heck why not even pink. It dosent care that gobiln dosent have his purple on him. thse are small stuff that the generall audience dont care about.

and when it comes to moaning and bitching on stuff as trivial as color on a car robot or if goblin has purple then I feel sad that that is what ppl put effort on for an upcomming movie.

8. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    im guessing that we have already seen ravage, trying to get through the windscreen of that car

[​IMG]

9. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tasteful? Really, tasteful is making Optimus Prime some low-level REPAIR bot?

So if Ironhide was a red pickup you'd shut up? Well shit, someone call Bay and tell him to make Ironhide red!

The fact is nothing is like the G1 Transformers and it hasn't been for a loooooooooong time. If you want to get technical Ironhide shouldn't even be a functioning robot. Check out his G1 toy sometime and you tell me if the cartoon looks anything like that.

Tasteful changes. That's funny. Animated is a joke.

10. Jericho

News Credits:
    They said a while ago that it was nothing more than a prop to place the cgi figure and in no way represented any transformer. that said, if it is in fact Ravage, wow, that sucks.

11. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    I guarantee you that is Ravage.

12. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    That....thing looks like something H.R. Giger might design.

13. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's called creativity and doing something original.

Something that wasn't tasteful would be having Prime strip down and rape a baby on a children's show.

Being the working-class leader of a repair crew because he couldn't fit in with Elite Guard bureaucracy is different, not distasteful.

Jesus there are Transformers UNDERWEAR....I dunno, I mean there are other examples if you want to try and argue for bad taste.

14. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    Hey! I like those. They go with the nickname of my pecker: Optimus Prime Meat.

15. Jericho

News Credits:
    Now apply that logic to the movie and look at that, your post fits in defense of the film. I see nothing distasteful in the movie that makes people like CC flip out just because Ironhide is, gasp, black. Oh the humanity!

The Allspark, wow, there's something original and creative yet I'm curious, are you one of those who hates the concept of it? I'll take the allspark over Prime as some grunt Autobot.

16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Wow. Thought this thread died... but someone had to ressurect it to continue it's slow downward spiral into a bash fest. Fun.

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What are you talking about everybody likes the Allspark.

But I guess that's because there's no G1 ALLSPARK CUBE THAT LOOKED COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM THE MOVIE!!!

18. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't even know what are you talking about man but somehow you are trying to trade places with me. I love the movie btw.