Minor/Repaint: ROTF constructicons

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by encline, Jul 31, 2009.

1. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So, because people like to see alt modes, here they are.

Mixmaster-a mix of gunmetal and blue with a slight blue pearl over it. Then silver for the stripes.

Incase you are wondering about the color for rampage and Scapper, it is testors flat yellow and a little bit of testors rust enamels.

I have added "dirt" splatter by holding the tip of my airbrush to a popsicle stick, and depending on the angle, you get a light fine splatter or a thick pattern.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  2. chris-morada

chris-morada Banned

Wow! you kicked up a notch!:thumb 

3. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Those look awesome!! I can't wait to see Overload! Oh wait...........yeah, thanks Hasbro!

I like the splatter effect, thanks for the tip! I have used a toothbrush before to make splatters. you dip the tips of the bristles in the paint and then run your thumb across the bristles (wear a glove!) and remember to run your thumb from the farther end of the brush towards you, or you will make splattrer effects on yourself!

4. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    These look great encline! I love the weathering and the hand painted (?) lettering and decepticon symbol on Demolishor.

Just some minor nitpicking though I think the dirt splatters look a little too big and all over the place on Mixmaster.

5. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks shooped. Should have feathered it a little better. Great weathering though! Love Rampages treads.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Amazing job. Everything looks so real. kind of agree with the mixmaster comment, he;s a litle too dirty. Could be the tires clashing with the cab color though.

You seem like your a master of your work, they look so damn good. Could photoshop a tiny man in there and it'll look believable :lol 

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  7. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ahhh, just trying to keep up!!! Thanks though:) 
    The letter and logos are water slide decals. This is my first try with them. They turned out okay. I learned a lot. They are tricky little things!!!

Thanks by the way!!

Yeah, I know. I am trying to make my pictures better. So, practice and honest feedback is the best way!!!!
    Thank you.

I used to work doing concrete, so I was just thinking about how dirty those things would get. They are in there in just the dirt you know. The drum should be dirty all over, but I see the cab looks more dirty than it should. Plus the dirt is much more subtle in real life.

Master, I WISH!!! One day. You know, no matter how much I focus on all the details, something I missed always pops out to me once I post......:banghead: 

But thank you for the kind words.

And by the way.... your sig makes me laugh so much every time I see it. No doubt yours, and the one with Prime asking "you been talkin' bout my lips again", are my favs!!!

8. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Wow.

9. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    I think the truck's grille is a little too dirty. Like I'm thinking about how the wheels would splatter mud/dirt about, and I don't think the dirt would be up that high on the grille because it's in the front of the vehicle. (I hope that made sense)