ROTF commercial in Singapore

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Infil, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Infil

Infil Well-Known Member

This isn't a significant bit of news. But in Singapore TV, at around 10.45pm, on channel 5, a ROTF commercial was aired. The words Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen appeared, in the first movie's title font, and the words transformed to say June 2009. No footage from the movie was shown. Yeah, not very exciting I know.

I was watching in anticipation, wondering how in the world they'd air a ROTF trailer in Singapore before the Superbowl. I was disappointed to see it end so abruptly without really showing anything, but at leas it's a sign that the movie promotion is gearing up to move in full force.

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    woooooooooooooooo cant wait for feb 1st-though if its the same commercial ill shoot myself in the foot

3. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    :lol 

if the trailer is nothing but that ill be in front of the lynch mob

4. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

5. Henriquedematos

Henriquedematos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
  7. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  8. megaxz01

megaxz01 Transformer up and comer

News Credits:
    I think they are doing a horrible job this time around, promoting the movie.

I was more excited after seeing things over the course of the year it was filming and in post production.

However, now it's just let down after let down when I log on to this site to see if any new movie news is posted, or to see if a trailer is up.

Now my hopes are that the Superbowl trailer is even anything worth witnessing, as why would they use ad time to debut a trailer? I don't think we'll see anything other then a 30 or 60 second commercial, if not less then that.

Sometimes keeping everything a secret isn't a good thing. I want to be pumped up for what I am going to go watch, not be afraid the movie is so crappy, they refuse to even show the fruits of their labor.

Loved the first movie, don't know what to expect from this one.

9. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get what you mean, it pisses me off, just show some bots other then prime and bumblebee

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Iron Man had a trailer in the Superbowl-maybe after the Superbowl hits, previews and trailers will start showing up?

11. Dave_6

Dave_6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll be right there with ya if thats all that is shown!!!

12. megaxz01

News Credits:
    You know, being a screenwriter myself, once I sell any script and potentially direct it, I wouldn't keep secrets.

I mean nothing about Transformers screams secrecy. The first movie did very well, and we've seen a good chunk of the movie from leaked scripts, character concepts, the three trailers, and TV spots.

There is no reason for them to hold onto all this info for so long, that it kills hype or builds none.

Truth be told, I'm more excited about Star Trek due to seeing it, and I hate Star Trek. Yet thanks to these things called movie trailers, I am psyched to see a modern version of Star Trek, sans nerdiness (it looks more mainstream and not tailored to those who are hardcore sci-fi aficionados.)

I can't say, "oh cool, can't wait to see TF2," because frankly, I've seen some toy images, a couple of set pics showing humans yet again, and none of that is very exciting. During the first movie, we never lacked any info to keep us in the dark. I appreciated that more.

13. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    That's the general idea

14. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

I'm not at all excited about watching the Steelers clean the field with the Cardinals :tumbleweed:  But, MAN-OH-MAN will my eyes be peeled to the screen on the lookout for this trailer! :drool: 

:music 

:bay 

:thumb 

:rock 

15. megaxz01

News Credits:
    Yea until the commercial is either a bunch of humans running from things we won't see, or unless the commercial is just a transforming movie logo, that says Summer 2009.

I sincerely hope this and G.I. Joe will have proper trailers come Superbowl time, because these movies have been in the works since last summer and we haven't seen much at all.

16. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if its nothing i will invite bay to dinner and spit in his soup when hes not looking

17. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    Strange, I saw it twice on Channel 8; once at 8.30pm and once at 9.45pm.

Pretty much the same as you described, except the ones i saw included "Wishing You a Happy Chinese New Year (in mandarin)" before the "COMING JUNE 2009".

Oh, as for the RotF logo, there were beams of light below it with the Con logo.

18. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

its only killing the hype for you and other die hard fans who literally wake up in the morning and search for anything ROTF related....if you look at the situation from outside the box you would see that there really isnta nything that this movie is doing this time around differently than last time...except cracking down on leaks....do you think the 99% of people who bought a ticket on opening day last year read the leaked script? or had the tv spots saved to thier harddrives? had any idea that starscream looked like a gorilla with chicken legs? Trust me when i say that the people who will be buying tickets come june have no interest in a ROTF trailer at all and when they see the trailer on sunday all they will do is get excited....you talk about killing hype by waiting so long....the hype hasnt even started to have been killed yet...

19. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yea I know right?

TV spot: "Transformers Revenge of the Fallen, June 2009...."
    Fan: "Yea we've known that for the last 5 or something months."

EDIT: Oh and another thing, The Steelers will win....

20. MBSHOOT

MBSHOOT Well-Known Member

I think they are really confident that Transformers is going to do so well that they can wait.

I think that arent showing anything on GI Joe because they know that movie will suck and they are scared to show anything. I meen Dennis Quiad as a GI Joe???? BAH!!!

It has fail written all over it.. I meen the GI Joe Trailers should just be a 30 sec shot of the word FAIL in bold. lol lol lol