ROTF Chromia Bot Mode

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DoubleClouder, Mar 18, 2009.

1. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

she transforms from a motorbike into a bicycle derailleur!

nah, its just horribly mistransformed, that's all

2. Kenji

Kenji Well-Known Member

She has a french mustache

3. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

you would think that it is but thats the bot mode.

Thats also what it looks like in the movie's trailer.minus the stand o course

well all i can say thats not the first time they mislead us or outright lied about the reasons for things in these movies. I just remember the S@#$ storm that hit the web when we found out the toy of starscream was legit. Everyone was pissed off and then we got the official response from Don Murphy and the Movie folks that the toy was not the final design and that bot modes were not final yet. Then later on we find that all the designs were finalized in march, 3 months before the leaked image. Honestly thats one of my biggest problems with the movies is they promised very faithful characters and that all the transformations would be real hence the wierd bot modes from everybody and they delivered on none of it. They barely resemble transformers of any series in this movie. The art direction I would say is subpar for such an iconic franchise.

4. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    That's some hefty kibble

5. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Part of is all "It's totally cool that they are packing in a stand so this figure can be displayed standing up."

The other part of me is all "It's totally lame that this figure needs a stand to be displayed standing up."

At least the figure looks to be pretty damn movie (trailer) accurate.

Bring on the rest of the bike-bots!!

6. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

Here's my take: These designs will look and move great in the movie, no doubt. But they do not translate well to toys. Especially in the bipedal humanoid bot-way that most of us dig. I love the way Demolisher looks onscreen, and can almost dig the toy - if his smashing wheels of death worked correctly.

I'll be a fan of these Arcee toys when I can see how they combine. Because that could be cool if done right. Long legged motorcycle leg fembot could rock our collective world - if done right. But right now, at this moment, on a scale of meh to 10, I give Chromia a...

Meh.

7. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:

Took the words right of my mouth, dude! Yeah-- can't wait to see the rest of the fembots designs and if they actually combine and kick some serious ass in the movie!!
    :bay  :rock 

8. chiptimus_prime

chiptimus_prime Superfluous Trailer

News Credits:
    Hurm...

9. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hardcore!! :lol 

10. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

:lol 

not the worst design i've seen, but need a little more before I make a decision on this.

11. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Hmm, it looks interesting, but I think I'm going to be passing. I think I much prefer anthropomorphic bots.

12. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Not liking it, just not my thing, I apreciate something different and it might work well in the movie or once I see a combined mode if there is one, but as a toy, I really prefer symetry in my bots, just my personal preferance. Movie 1 Arcee is one of my favorite movie toys.

13. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Wow. I have to say, seems Hasbro/Takara hasn't really involved themselves in the design process enough this time. There are many of these bots that don't seem to translate well into toys. This is a pretty lame looking bot mode... huge gun arm , head seems to flip out of the rear, bot mode looks incomplete or mistransformed. I think this toy would look better as a scout sized toy, with the 3 bikes sold as a voyager. And if this crap doesn't combine... oh boy. Thing is, it'll prolly look great on screen, but translates to a poor toy. Makes me miss the original Arcee design.

I do hope for movie 3 they involve themselves in the bots design more, and worry about toy design... cause things like this underwhelming bot mode, and the questionable Devs design, make me feel they need to find mid ground between cool onscreen designs, and designs that turn into nice toys. I'm really hoping Chromia is part of a combiner, and that said combiner doesn't turn out to be a ridiculously out of scale (like the size of a leader class when combined).

14. Xformermike

Xformermike LAZY

there has to be more to it than that.... That isn't a robot mode; it's a mistake.

15. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Are you guys all taking CRAZY PILLS??? :) 

If that figure ends up not combining with the other cycles in a really damn cool way, that's gotta be the sorriest example of a Transformer we've seen yet from the movie line...

It's a motorcycle, stood on end, with a cannon, and arm and a head.... and a STAND so it doesn't fall over?? Seriously?? I mean, really? At least the figures from the first movie were generally well-made. This figure is absolutely appalling.

There are currently 2, maybe 2 non-scout figures I might consider owning from the movie line so far... with Animated dead and Universe on hiatus, this is going to be a good year for my disposable income.

Buying toys is a habit that sustains itself on novelty, patterns and repetition. I just hope Hasbro has allowed for the fact that with so little variety on the shelves, some fans might leave the hobby and just not bother coming back.

zmog

16. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

I really do like the look of this figure. I'm really looking forward to the Biker Chicks, even though I'm getting sick of the overused "wheel-for-feet" thing going on in ROTF and the pink one looks like it's got a giant tumor on its back...

... Still, I think the engineering on this toy looks needlessly complicated, and if it was that difficult to do a deluxe class figure - I guess that means we can rule out any other incarnations of these characters... Can these designs even be done in a Legends or FABS size?

17. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    I'm just gonna put it out there....

Looks like Fuckin' shit to me....G-H-E-Y...................

Someone mentioned it before...and I will second it....Hasbro got lazy.....The TFTM07 version of Arcee was loads better above this....should have stuck with that....Everyone says it was a scale issue with the other Bots...Don't seem to recall that problem with Frenzy......He was small..they did not try to make him a combiner for size sake....

Where is a smiley taking a dump.................................:thumbdown 

18. MoonRacer Prime

MoonRacer Prime Fembot fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe she is the first of the three because she is kind of a clunker?
    Why does it look like most if not all femobts are noting more than an afterthought to the designers? I would have never approved this toy for production in the first place. Chromia could have been amazing! Hopefully this works in the film.

19. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

Wow, that is fugly, and that's being nice! And whats with all the new bots in this movie having wheels for legs? Oh well, more money for more important things, I guess, (namely G1 re-issues and Henkei).

20. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is either:
    1.) the worst mis-transformation ever
    2.) the most gaps ever in a transformer