ROTF Chromia Bot Mode

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DoubleClouder, Mar 18, 2009.

1. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Browsing/Not Buying

Yeah, evidently MY humor doesn't jive with his as well.

Don't sweat it, Kickback: SPLIT LIP has proven he has Internet-sensitivity issues.

Back on topic: No doubt the alt mode is very much kick ass, but the bot mode's over-simplicity leaves much to be desired.

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Perhaps I should have been more clear.

Well we know they had already even even done some CG models as she was in the original script. They could have easily improved both the model and the figure similar to how they have improved prime and bumblebee this time. It's easier and to improve an older mold that you already figured the basics out on than coming up with a new one. It would have been cheaper and the design was much better and more relatable to audiences from a visual stand point. The less human they make the designs the less children can relate to them. Too far away from a human and they may scare young children who are their customer base. Plus it just looks silly.

3. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    On one hand her robot mode seems awkward and incomprehensible enough to suggest a combiner.

On the other hand.....we said the exact same thing about Demolishor.

4. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Serisouly how many of the new bots all have wheels for feet or legs. At least the redneck pair have bumblebee style feet lol.

BTW I understand a unibot can manage stability very easily front to back.

But getting pushed from the side they cant stop sideways force which makes them way to easy to defeat

This is so ridiculously stupid for a main mode it defies logic. There is no way any one wheeled bot no matter how advanced can do battle of any kind. Thats like basically saying "your only allowed to attack me head on" otherwise ill fall down.

So much for suspending my disbelief. lol.

I like how the toy is such an after thought that they have to make a stand for it.

I ll give it this minus the stupid gun arm and the wheels for legs its a very nice bot mode. Of course that is only 1/3 of the bot so not really worth buying.

5. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

I really like the design will def pick this one up.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's all very well and nice for you, but I think what happened here was that they went for a cool robot-on-wheels-racing-around-shooting-stuff-then-combines-with-other-rolling-bots-look on screen that just didn't translate that good into the first toy.

7. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I want to like it alot more than I actually do

8. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not bad? How about not good!

9. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Wow. I'll buy her.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I think it's both.

11. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    Perhaps it looks good in the film, but the unicycle-styled TFs do absolutely nothing for me form a toy standpoint. At least I know I'll be saving some money on this film. I just hope this isn't a trend that keeps going--why have toys that can't stand on their own or be posed in robot mode? Still hurts that Animated got canned for this. Oh well.

12. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

I love this design! It can balance, and it's totally HARDCORE. :lol  But seriously, I enjoy the unique depiction and hope to see the other two soon!

13. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    I've always thought it was silly that all TF's only ever had bipedal locomotion in robot mode. Interesting take!

Are people still on about this? Animated got canned because of poor ratings. If it were a success, Hasbro would have put it on hiatus during the movie run, or only show reruns.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  14. razorchrist

razorchrist Sniper

I'll bet a million bucks that Bay had another one of his roundtable brainstorming sessions where the topic of the day was "Who says these robots need feet? Who says they need legs or even torsos? Who says they need to have symmetrical limbs? Who says they can't all combine? Who says they can't disguise themselves in human skin as a 5'1 hot blonde girl who is supermodel thin & fashionable? They're alien robots and they should be to look however I deem fit. Let's think outside of the box, throw out all the past rules (again), rebuild these things from the ground up (again), make every new character look as extreme as possible, and give all of them a gimmick. Because no matter what, the fandom will eat it up and think it's awesome as soon as they see it moving around on screen."

Maybe by the third movie they won't even transform anymore and just scan themselves into whatever they look at every 5 minutes.

15. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    Plan and simple: The movie design don't translate well into toys. Some toys come close and look cool, but with the movie-verse, you can't have both.

16. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Kickback is bringing the Lulz to the front page.

By all means, lets be super serious at all times with our nerdery, lest we be made fun of by the Trekkies.

I'm sadly not impressed with this particular toy. Seems sort of...missing something. Or has too much. Or something.

17. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Action Masters couldn't scan new forms.

18. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    So that's how it was going to be able to stand on it's own, pretty cool, can't wait to see the others.

19. Fago

Fago Encore enthusiast

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, if this is Chromia, does it mean there is no combiner Arcee?

20. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

I guess I'm in the minority, but this looks really poor. It really does look like a head on top of an entire pile of kibble. I really like rampage, sideswipe, leader megs, and leader prime, but the rest of these figures just aren't doing it for me.