Rotf Camaro is now the 2012 Camaro ZL1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ace Convoy, Feb 9, 2011.

1. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I don't think it's an awful design, the car does look better than plenty others out there, but they could have done so much better, and there are areas that are pretty bad. The car looks pretty homely from the side (marketing definitely avoids those kind of shots), and the back is terrible. The grill is pretty awful as well.

The interior is poorly designed (from the tacky dash to the crammed seating space).

Again just my opinion. But the new spoiler being extra tacky was why I posted in this thread. Absolutely can't stand most spoilers, particularly if they are raised.

Now a late 60's Camaro...that's a thing of beauty.

2. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Yeah, you're high.

3. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:

Or he doesn't like the design and has pointed out several aspects of it he doesn't like.

4. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Meh. I don't care for it. GM should look into shedding some weight. what good is 550hp if it has to move all that heavy metal.

5. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

If this thing could manage to stay under $60000, then maybe its a good deal for those who love this car.

6. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

Ugh, I get so sick of hearing this. The Mustang is only about 250-300 lighter than a Camaro. It's not that big of a difference, unless you are constantly on the dragstrip, and even then no one runs their cars stock. All cars have grown heavy, relative to what they were 20 years ago. New safety regulations and all the luxuries people expect in cars now will do that.

Could the Camaro shed 250 pounds? I'm sure it could, but then you are looking at using a ton of lighter weight metals and carbon fiber... that gets expensive quick.

7. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

chevy is trying to compete with ford and the shelby gt-500. i would love to have this camaro and gt-500 side by side.