RotF Bulkhead

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I remember reading about this at some point, but figured it deserved it's own thread. This is from Augusts Q&A session. Looks like we'll be getting a RotF Bulkhead figure:

TFviews News Hasbro Answers to TFviews Questions #5
    Energon Bulkhead did come to mind, but I don't think they would mean him when talking about Animated (since he is from a past line). I think they would only be talking about something for the future. We obviously already know about Lockdown, but this is the first we've seen hints for a movie-verse Bulkhead. Personally I would love to see this happen. Especially if it ended up looking something like that one persons design idea for a movie verse Bulkhead (can't remember who made it, and I can't find the thread they posted about it, lol). Also, since they are purposefully creating rivalry's within the toy line itself, I think this is the perfect opportunity to also give us a RotF Lugnut. Him and Bulkhead could easily be a Voyager wave on their own.

Beastbot X was the first person to post about this, as far as I can tell. You can see his post about it here.

What do you guys/gals think of the idea of a RotF Bulkhead figure?

2. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    yes

3. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Who says Bulkhead is going to be in ROTF?

4. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    We don't need a movie Bulkhead, nor do I want one.

5. blackjkb

blackjkb Banned

bulkhead was my favorite animated character.i have my fingers cross they make a ROTF bulkhead

6. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    This might be good but I wont be getting him. I will just wait for a Crumplezone repaint, mouths look similar. (Hear me Hasbro :) )

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I don't think he meant in the movie, just get a toy like Lockdown's getting.

While they mention Bulkhead by name, I'm still not certain he'll get a figure. Though it seems odd that they'd mention those two specifically. It'd be cool, though.

8. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

It's actually rather vague the way the guy presents it, but because of the context of what he's talking about, the fact we've seen that Lockdown got a movie line figure, it's easy to assume that he's saying Bulky's going to get the same deal.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if we did end up getting a movie line variation of Bulkhead. It'd be interesting to see just how they'd translate the Animated character to the movie style.

If we were to get a Bulkhead figure in the N.E.S.T. line, they should make a movie Lugnut to be his rival.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yep. Thought that was kind of obvious from my first post.

I'm not fully certain he'll get a figure either, but I do find it extremely intriguing that they specifically mentioned him and Lockdown. This is definitely one of those wait and see moments. I remember not fully believing it when I read that Lockdown would be getting a RotF figure, but at least back then it was a store listing. Which aren't always accurate, but are more credible than a vague hint from one of Hasbro's answers to a Q&A session.

This kind of reminds me of the mention of a Voyager Bulkhead repaint in on of last year's Q&A sessions. It took over half a year before we actually got proof of it's existence, but we did eventually get proof.

10. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I would be real interested in seeing a RotF Bulkhead, the similar concept in vehicle/bot design with a less cartoony aesthetic would be great. But that said, unless he had a huge Voyager toy, a Leader class or looked nothing like Animated Bulkhead, I would probably pass it up.

Either that or they'll use Bulkhead for Universe 3.0 or such somewhere down the line. I mean, unlike the other Animated bots, Bulkhead and Lockdown were both completely new characters. Most everyone else, except for Lugnut and Dirtboss, were pretty much just reimagined G1 guys. But Bulkhead was a completely new Autobot in the core cast who played a big part in the show. So chances are his character will remain in the Transformers mythos to be reused and redesigned like so many other characters that came before him.

11. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

I'd like that.... I think? But ROTF Lockdown looks pretty weird o_O 

12. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    How about a movie Lugnut instead

13. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    YES please.

14. blackjkb

blackjkb Banned

it would be good still if he did make the movie

15. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  16. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    It doesn't have to be an offscreen character like ROTF Lockdown. It could be for the 2010 show, and it could also be one of the characters suggested to Bay and the movie crew at their recent meeting with Hasbro.

I was thinking about it, and I reckon the one thing they need for TF3 is bigger Autobots.

17. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

18. blackjkb

blackjkb Banned

that was acctually a good drawing!

19. Maloknazh

Maloknazh Black Metal Ist Krieg

Ebay:
    Bigger Autobots. I agree. But Im sure Michael Bay doesnt want a gigantic fat guy to be in his lineup for Autobots. The character would be nice to see, but his size isn't necessarily like most ROTF transformers, where they are large on the whole, compared to Bulkhead whos just fat. The twins worked because they werent necessarily big, and the height was replaced with wider parts. Bulkhead would have to be pretty big, and I dont think that Hasbro would make a Voyager for an offscreen character and put that much work into it.

20. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    It's possible, but considering how many times Hasbro has said in their Q&As that they wouldn't discuss pretty much anything beyond Spring 2010, I doubt they'd drop a name like that without the toy being due out sometime in that time frame.