Rotf bruticus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Magnus12, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Magnus12

Magnus12 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone! I just need some answers to some of my questions about rotf bruticus. (My favorite COmbiner!) I usually hesitate to make threads for questions which usually can b answered by google, but i didn't find to much. So, for any of you who have seen, purchased, or have knowledge on bruticus please help answer these questions.

1. What was the original price? -I have heard many different price so just wanted to confirm.

2. How big is it?

3. How much does the fp upgrade kit cost?

4. What is the average price it goes for now?

5. Overall, is he a good figure?

thanks u
    I know i have made a few thread for help on a figure, but i am thankful for those who help! :D 
    thanks everyone!

2. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    1. What was the original price? -I have heard many different price so just wanted to confirm.- $30

2. How big is it? -Never really measured it, don't have it infront of me right now.

3. How much does the fp upgrade kit cost? Retail was around $100 for the two pieces, now $150-$250 for the pair.

4. What is the average price it goes for now? $150 to $250, $250-$350 all geared up with FP stuff.

5. Overall, is he a good figure? With the FP upgrades, yes. Without, as a combiner no, though the individual bots are pretty decent little figures.

3. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    not sure on the original price for rotf brute, maybe $60? youll be hard pressed to find one now, they go for anywhere form 150- 300 on ebay since the FP set came out.
    i recently had to get one and found it was a lot cheaper by catching the bots 1 by 1 on ebay. but i still ended up paying roughly 70 bucks for the three i needed.
    i believe brute is 11 about inches at the head but not sure. there are some FP upgrade kits still out there, they were originally about $55/60 each. you should still be able to get those form board members, check the sale threads. its a great set to have, irreplaceable. i cant wait for a full FP combiner, or for them to finish off the other bots in the set.

4. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

1. He's comprised of 4 scout figures and 1 deluxe, so that's about $40, which I think was the retail price. (The origional Energon Briticus Maximus was, at least).

2. 10 - 10 1/2 inches (about Leader sized)

3. Too much for me to pay :lol 

4. Dunno

5. If you mistransform him a little, he's OK.

5. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1 - $30 at target for north american release. discounted very low from like 5-10 when they were being phased out.

2 -size is about 10.5 inches to the top of his head. 13 inches to the top of his smokestacks/gunbarrels on his back.

3 - FP kit on release was 100-120 depending on if you preordered or got the restock. Prices now range much higher.

4 - Too much.

5 - With the kit, yes. Without, like barrelks said the smaller bots are nice but not enough to warrant the prices the set goes for these days. Definitely not worth the price for the combined mode without the FP kit.

6. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    with FP kit= great
    without= giant piece of crap that you would be very disappointed that you paid $150 for lol

7. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Alternitatively, maybe you could buy 1 X of the universe releases of the 3 individual molds and then buy the two add-on components.

I will admit to being completely oblivious as to how much less this might actually cost however.

8. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    well back earlier this year when they did the restock I was able to get the FP kits for 120, energon barricade & the unreleased scouts for ~$60, so I came in just shy under 2 bills for everything then, all sealed minty.

I'm just guessing the same stuff now runs a bit more, though I haven't checked in several months.

9. Magnus12

Thanks Everyone!
    Superion is much cheaper right? He actually looks okay, but of course not very G1 accurate. I actually don't care much since I never really liked superions g1 design
    :) 

10. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a few people on ebay asking for $400 or so now with the FP add on kit.....

Yea, the superion with the add on kit is cheaper than the bruticus.

11. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Most of the main questions have been answered already but I can chime in on my experience with it.

I bought my FP Bruticus about a year ago I believe. On Ebay, a sealed RotF Bruticus was going for $150. I got that months before the FP sets came back in stock, so I had to stare at that ugly thing for a while. On its own, that combiner is just, well ugly. It is not worth $150 on its own.

After the FP figures (which I got for $50 a piece on their second run) the combined mode is just stellar. This thing is so bloody imposing. Hell, just look at any of the shots TJ took of his army of them. They are just as great in person.

After all is said and done though I don't feel it is worth more than the $250 I paid for it. That's about my upper limit for it's worth. It's great and all; okay fantastic; but I can't justify spending more than that.

I'm not disappointed in any way shape or form with this. Fans Project has made me a fan. I would buy anything from them without hesitation if I wanted it. I just wouldn't want to spend more than $250 for Bruticus.

12. Magnus12

Well I guess that price totally rules out my chances of ever getting him :( 

I guess I could settle for a superion though anyone know how much the superion+ fp upgrade set goes for?

13. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    For size comparison, here's mine next to MP Prime...Also Legends Starscream is on top for another size comparison..

I remember I bought mines for $60 both ROTF Bruticus and Superion..

[​IMG]

14. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *edit*

I misread the auction title....Geez the add on kit sure skyrocketed in price!

To answer your question though, I did an ebay search

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?rt=nc&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=rotf superion&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283

If you look, there was one that sold on bid for $300.00 on 11/27.

Superion by himself....$39 - $87.55

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_nkw...uperion&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

the add on kit has been selling for $102.50 - $151.00

Here's one currently on bid for $53.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformer...984?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e69117e38

Good luck!

15. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I ended up paying about $360 for my Bruticus. My wallet still hurts, but I think it was worth it for 7 figures (8 if you count combined mode) and a load of accessories. It's just shame I didn't go for it earlier so I could save some money.

16. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:

The bones of $150 seems to be fairly common(?)

17. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    sorry to trot this back out…
    [​IMG]

18. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I paid $16 for my ROTF Bruticus and $45 each for the add-ons. Gotta love clearance and friends with stores... :D 

19. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just ordered FP upgrades for another Bruticus, so that'll be 8 on display. It's a fun toy.

20. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow TJ. I don't know whither make a comment about how cool that is or to make a joke about you hating money. :p