Rotf bruticus & superion sets?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mac&cheese, Feb 24, 2010.

1. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hi was searching the web and ran into the bruticus & superion rotf sets. where are they selling these sets? im late in collecting so i still finding things around that i might need to get.

2. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

They were both Target exclusives. They are no longer available. You will have to go the secondary market route if you want to get them.

3. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You might want to try Ebay or Amazon, but you might have to pay more for it.

4. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You will pay a lot more buying at Amazon or ebay due to both being in high demand. Some Asian toy sites like yahobby have them in the universe 2.0 packaging. Your best bet on buying it at the least amount of money is probably the Junkion Exchange.

5. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

If you search for them on ebay, remember that these were released as both ROTF and Universe; Universe sets tend to be cheaper.

6. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    im confused, so they are the same figures? the rotf and energon, or universe? is there really any difference other than the boxes? can the add on kits fit all different versions? i did check out the universe versions. they are cheaper than the rotf versions. thanks for the very helpful info. i didnt even know those ever existed. now im deciding which version is better? any suggestions which version is the better one to go with?

7. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Rotf and Universe are identical, Energon had a different color scheme.

Addons should work on all versions.

For Superion, I've heard that the original addon colors look better on Energon Superion, while the white recolor works better with the RotF/Universe version.

8. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    They're all the same molds. The Energon versions were the originals, and the RotF and Universe 2.0 have new colours and are the are the exact same figures just in different boxes (ie there's no difference between the Universe and RotF release other than the box)

9. Waverider

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They are all the same figure. The ROTF and Universe 2.0 is the same figure in a different boxes with a deferent color scheme from the original Energon version.

10. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    ok thanks so much for the helpful info, so theres 3 versions of the same mold for superion, how about bruticus? samething 3 versions too? i didnt even know the add ons had different colors to choose from. its getting more and more expensive now. does anyone know what was the original price for the rotf versions when they came out? compare with the prices for the universe versions?

11. Waverider

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No just 2. The ROTF and Universe packaged versions is the same figure with the same color scheme. Just different packaging. They are identical. The ROTF version (MSRP $29.99) was the US release while the Universe was an Asian release.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  12. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    They're target exclusives, but I've found them in Zellers(Canada. We don't have Targets so we get they're exclusives there) and Costco.

13. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know if this will help M&C but you don't even need to purchase the box set. Look for Energon Kickback, blackout (or the other one?) and Barricade. That is all you need for FP Bruticus.

14. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Superion Maximus

Energon and repackaged into Universe 1.0 Individual: - since they were released separately some are harder to find then others
    Treadshot [A1] - blue/black F-22
    Skyshadow [A2] - red/black A-10
    Terradive [A3] - blue/white A-10 (same mold as Skyshadow)
    Windrazor [A4] - red/white F-22 (same mold as Treadshot)
    Stormjet [A5] - red/white jet, you might still be able to find at Ross ($7) or Family Dollar ($10). Knees incorrectly assembled(?) and he has a weak chest in combined mode.

Superlink 5-Pack (Japan): similar paint job to the US version but with slightly darker blue energon parts.

ROTF (Target Exclusive in US, Zellers in Canada) and Universe 2.0 worldwide 5-Pack: different, darker paint job to fit in with classics and ROTF

Add-ons Available - Fansproject normal grey release and TFSource exclusive snowman white release.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Bruticus Maximus

Energon and repackaged into Universe 1.0 individually: - Blackout and Blight seem to be rarer due to distribution
    Stormcloud [D1] - orange helicopter
    Blight [D2] - yellowish-green tank
    Blackout [D3] - purple helicopter (same mold as stormcloud)
    Kickback [D4] - green tank (same mold as blight)
    Barricade [D5] - blue missile truck, you might still be able to find at Ross ($7) or Family Dollar ($10). Some believe he represents more G1 colors.

Superlink 5-Pack (Japan): similar but slightly different paint job to the US.

ROTF (Target Exclusive in US, Zellers in Canada) and Universe 2.0 worldwide 5-Pack: different, darker paint job to fit in with classics and ROTF. People have issues with Blast Off being the tank instead of the second helicopter. It is pretty stupid since the Japanese superlink version had Blast Off as the purple chopper.

Add-Ons: currently waiting on Fansproject's add-on. They have two sets with the 1st having a space shuttle and half the add-on set and the the second set having a hummer (swinde but not swindle) and the second half of the add-on set. If you're buying the add-on you only need one each of the three molds.

--------------------------------------------------
    Constructicon Maximus

Energon and repackaged into Universe 1.0 individually: - Blackout and Blight seem to be rarer due to distribution
    Sledge [C1] - green front-loader/dozer
    Duststorm [C2] - blue crane
    Wideload [C3] - green crance (same mold as duststorm)
    Bonecrusher [C4] - yellow front-loader/dozer (same mold as sledge)
    Steamhammer [C5] - green shovel, you might still be able to find at Ross ($7) or Family Dollar ($10).

Superlink 5-Pack (Japan, TRU exclusive): similar but slightly different paint job to the US.

Constructicon Devastator Classics 5-Pack (Walmart Exclusive in the US in 07): G1 color scheme but still only 5 characters and the repeated molds are done in purple/gray. He's really shot up in price in the aftermarket

Add-ons - currently none that are produced on the fansproject scale.
    ------------------------------
    Other

Nexus Maximus - Transformers Club Exclusive - the "free" gift with membership to the club over five years it pulled parts from the Superion and Bruticus set. For whatever reason skyfall and topsin are the hardest to find.
    Skyfall (2005) - A-10 mold, translucent blue with red energon piece
    Landquake (2006) - Tank mold, translucent red with blue energon piece
    Breakaway (2007) - F-22 mold, translucent red with gray energon piece
    Topspin (2008) - Helicopter mold, for some reason not done in translucent colors red but a bold but muted red with blue energon piece
    Heatwave (2009) - Missile carrier mold with new head for the combined robot. Unfortunately, that head part tends to break due to the translucent part. Annoying but not a big issues.

Transfomers Movie 1 Scouts - there was news and some figures sold on ebay of the recolored helicopter but they were never released. They had light blue energon pieces. The green helicopter was called Reverb and the blue tank Gunbarrel.
    -------------------------------------------------
    By mold and I'm going to ignore the japanese versions
    Superion Jet (1) Stormjet, (2) Silverbolt
    Superion A-10 (1) Skyshadow, (2) Terradive, (3) Fireflight, (4) Skydive, (5) Skyfall
    Superion F-22 (1) Treadshot, (2) Windrazor, (3) Airrazor, (4) Air Raid, (5) Breakaway

Bruticus Missile Carrier (1) Barricade(2) Onslaught, (3) Heatwave
    Bruticus Helicopter (1) Blackout, (2) Stormcloud, (3) Swindle, (4) Vortex, (5) Topspin, (6) Reverb
    Bruticus Tank (1) Kickback, (2) Blight, (3) Brawl, (4) Blast Off, (5) Landquake, (6) Gunbarrel

Constructicon Shovel (1) Steamhammer, (2) Scavenger
    Constructicon Crane (1) Duststorm, (2) Wideload, (3) Long Haul, (4) Hightower
    Constructicon Loader (1) Sledge, (2) Bonecrusher, (3) Scapper (4) Bonecrusher [Classics]

15. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

I've got both just bought Bruticus today at Zellers (Zellers is the Canadian Target) on sale

16. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How much are they going for in Canada? Maybe you guys can help some US guys out. (Not me, already bought mine from Target).

17. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also note that the nosecones for Universe and ROTF Superion jets are circumcised compared to the Energon versions.

18. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    wow again, thanks soooooo much for the super clear answers. the way you type it all up is perfect. you answer all my questions that i was asking and getting ready to ask more of. now i know how, what, when they coming. thanks again. your the best.

19. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No problem. It was a fun list to put together when I was waiting for my program to run at work. Couple more items:

1. I heard that Silverbolt, the repainted Stormjet center piece in the ROTF pack has the same weak chest and knee assembly issues.

2. TFSource has jacked up the prices of their snowman white add-on set by $20.

3. When I said Barricade was more G1 I meant compared to Onslaught in the new 5-Pack. That's an opinion though.

4. Some people who don't mind having two helicopters and two tanks would have preferred that Fansproject release the Bruticus add-on set the same way as the Superion, all in one-set for $50 instead of $100 with two new characters. Given Fansproject's (and toy history in general) it's still a distinct but not guaranteed possibility.

20. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    yeah! please buy me 2 bruticus and 2 superions from zellers at the discounted prices!