rotf bruticus & superion add on fansproject questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mac&cheese, Mar 6, 2010.

1. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hi im not a collector of rotf items, so i just saw this add on kit from fansproject coming soon. what exacly is it? i see 2 add on boxes sold separately. so i would have to buy both sets a and b to make the upgrade bruticus? so if i do this would i have to take a few pieces off the original rotf bruticus to put on the new add on parts? or would everything on the original robot stay intact with the add on parts? i would hate to waste some parts off the original design to put on some replacement parts. so to make the full bruticus upgrade. it will be 150.00 to form one robot?????

2. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fansprojects is the company making the two sets.

the Aerial Team Appendage set for ROTF Superion is all you need, in addition to either ROTF Superion or Energon/Superlink Superion. It comes with new arm/hands, feet, big gun, small guns, and other minor bits like visors and ankle plates.

The ROTF Bruticus add-on consists of two new figures, Munitioner (Swindle) and Explorer (Blastt-off). Munitioner and Explorer are totally new molds that replaces one of the tank limb and one of the helicopter limbs. Munitioner and Explorer each some with *some* of the parts to complete ROTF Bruticus, like hands, feet, guns, shoulder joints, and other bits. To complete this set you need Munitioner, Explorer, and an ROTF Buticus or Energon/Superlink Bruticus. You will end up with one extra tank limb and one extra helicopter limb, as well as random parts like the original energon hands/feet.

If you own ROTF/Energon/Superlink Bruticus, purchase the FP set, sell the extra tank and helicopter.

If you do not own combiner, purchase a complete set and go do above, OR purchase someone's extra limbs, buy the FP Munitioner and Explorer sets, and buy an Energon Barricade (middle robot).

If you need an Energon Barricade, please PM me.

3. mac&cheese

News Credits:

thanks so much for all the very helpful info. im new to this thjird party stuff. just got into it.

4. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

I love OptionZero's shameless plug there - can't blame him for trying. If I had the extra funds I'd be all over the Bruticus kits; but alas those have to wait for a while. Though I definitely want to get them - the sculpts look too killer to pass up.

~Z

5. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    i want this! is it worth it for so much $$$$

its alot of money. but i think i will buy it. way too cool to pass.

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    put it on your credit card if you must! I don't want to imagine what the secondary market prices will be on this set.....

7. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

Dito. I've had to do that a couple of times. Felt weird about it at first, but the ridiculous after-market prices more than justify it. I'd rather pay a couple bucks in interest as opposed to paying a 100 to 200% mark up after the fact.

8. murphytronus

murphytronus Im not Shardimus

So I just got this set and it's the real version of snowman... I don't know If I have the Energon arms transformed wrong or if I'm installing the snowman arms wrong but when I try to peg the small guns on the outside of Superions arms in combined mode the landing gear from the limb robot prevents one of the guns from tabbing down into place... Do I have this guy transformed wrong or is there something I've missed? Thanks for any and all of your help

9. BoNKerS

BoNKerS Well-Known Member

Have you watched any of the YouTube reviews? Check them out some are very thorough and show you whats up.

10. murphytronus

I've watched five different reviews and they all transform their guys the same way and just peg them right on no big deal... I'll keep watching and see if anyone says anything

11. murphytronus

It has to be in the transformation... The landing gear should be on the inside but it's on the outside... It's as if all the legs are backwards... Or should be swapped

12. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Once and Future Slicer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's the official FP way that has the planes pointing up like a WH40K Titan, and there's the fairly common alternate transformation with the planes pointed down. In the alt, the only way to peg the guns on top is to cut off the landing gear. I strongly recommend you don't.

Instead peg the wrist guns to the wings. It gives them an under slung look that's fairly awesome. I'll post mine below.

[​IMG]

Attached Files: