ROTF Bruticus Maximus Tank Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Radical Ninja, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Radical Ninja

Radical Ninja Well-Known Member

OK, this may be a stupid question, but it's certainly getting me all flustered at the moment.

Tonight, I found ROTF Bruticus at my local Target, and I picked him up. After putting him together in his combined mode, I noticed an odd peculiarity. I've gone over the instructions a few times, but I can't seem to figure out what, if anything, I'm doing wrong.

For some reason, the turrets on my two tanks figures (Blast Off and Brawl) seem set too far back on the tanks' bodies. The transformations work properly when I follow the directions, but my version of the toy looks different from the picture on the box and photos of previous versions of the mold that I've found online.

Take this photo, for example:

[​IMG]

On the left is Energon Blight (photo swiped from Seibertron, obviously). As you can see, the turret's hinge (that forms the robot's shoulders) is sitting just in front of the small "steps" near the rear of the tank.

On the right is my ROTF Brawl. Here, the hinge is set back, right above the steps (they're painted gray on this mold).

I can't seem to find any way to move the turret forward in tank mode. I don't know if I'm missing or misinterpreting something in the instructions or if I'm just dumb, but it's got me all sorts of confused right now. I'm hesitant to force the toy for fear of breaking it.

Check out how this looks in combined mode:

[​IMG]

On the left is Energon Bruticus. The back of Blight's turret (the robot's fists) are sitting just below Bruticus' knee.

On the right is my figure, with the turret/fists covering the knee.

What am I doing wrong here, folks? Did Hasbro alter the mode or am I missing something?

Any help would be most appreciated.

2. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll have to check mine out and see if it is the same...interesting if it was changed.

3. Salvanis

Salvanis Probably not a true fan.

The chest plate/turret base rotates in two places: the top plate turns the turret itself and the bottom moves the turret from its robot mode location (rear) to tank/limb mode location (front). If you pull down one of the treads in tank mode you should see the two stacked plates on the chest; make sure that both of them rotate around and it should be fine.

4. Radical Ninja

And just like that, he's fixed! Thanks a ton!

The tanks come packaged in vehicle mode with the configuration seen in my photos, and the instructions definitely aren't clear on the whole "double chest plate" rotation thing.

That's where I got confused and like I said, I was too afraid to start spinning parts that might bust off.

I'm glad to see that it was just a dumb oversight on my part. Thanks again! :thumbs2: 

5. Zorgus Tager

Zorgus Tager Member

Also justwondering but did your helicopters come with two left arms? Vortex and Swindle both seem to have the same issue of having two left arms so when they're in limb mode the second arm can't connect to the notch on their legs.

6. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

I've had this same issue for a few days, and finally there's an answer. Thanks a ton!

7. Radical Ninja

Nope, both of my helicopters have the proper arms. It sounds like your set was just misassembled. Hopefully you can exchange your set for a proper one.

I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one. :) 

8. Zorgus Tager

Zorgus Tager Member

actually upon further inspection it's the legs that are both Left for both helicopters, unless you're supposed to switch one around.

9. JFGuy4VT58

JFGuy4VT58 Well-Known Member

had this problem when I got mine, asked about it in the feedback thread. now that I know how to "properly" transform him, he looks even better. just another example of shoddy instructions I guess.

10. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Damn, I just noticed it but Blight's alt mode is based on the german Gepard SPAAG. NICE!!

[​IMG]