rotf bruticus maximus alternate transformation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ichnach, Sep 1, 2009.

1. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

I found bruticus today on break at work and tried to see if I could make his craptacular arms look any better. After a while of twisting and wishing I found a way that lets you put the upgrade kit from superion on bruticus! it snapped right on the the limb I picked and would only really need a very minor adjustment to work perfectly. The post on the hands would need shortened a little too. What do you guys think? Feet are still to be determined.sorry for the blurry pics, I was in a hurry, but you get the idea.

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think unless you've made any physical modifications to the toys or parts, we need to put this in "Transformers Toy Discussion" :thumb 

3. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Besides the whole "wrong forum" bit, imo it almost works. Almost, but not quite. The arm hangs too far from the body for my taste, and with the scrawny upper forearm it stands out that much more.

Personally, I prefer using the choppers as feet, and would try to figure out an alternate transformation from there. The tanks are just too good as arms, all they really need are a better set of hands.

4. Voltron III

Voltron III sum dum cum bum

kool he lookes like menasur

5. 1-10

1-10 Well-Known Member

mod the others to (at least the other arm)

6. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
  7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Can't this go here? It's a form of artistic re-interpretation, and a good starting point for a bash, that is probably of more interest to kitbashers than it is to people looking for toy reviews. I love this stuff, but I don't peruse the Toy Discussion forum nearly as much as I do the Radicons...

As for the mod... this looks great! I agree that the tanks seem like a more intuitive choice for arms, but there's something very cool about the arm shape you managed to get out of that chopper (albeit by adding a whole extra chunk of forearm).

I guess the real question is hos strong that ball joint is?

zmog

8. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That looks awesome!

I'm still hoping for a Bruticus kit next. I suspect one is probably already in the works

And to the OP: Great start!

9. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The tfans link looks amazing!
    The superion kit works well for bruticus as well....Might have to pick up a couple of these kits now.
    At the OP
    I love the extra extension to the armit looks great.
    Maybe do both arms and try to get the feet to work?

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    While I do agree with you to some extent, there are many threads in Toy Discussion for "alternate transformations" for toys that have no modification. Also, people who are browsing "Toy Discussion" are looking for things to talk about their toys that do not require altering the existing toy.

11. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I'm liking it, just used a transformation something like that with mine, I'm thinking that if we see an FP kit for this guy thats how he'll have to be transformed.

While I get what people are saying about how great an arm the tank makes it also makes possible the best leg as well, its damn stable and I take that over the copter legs as they always seem to fall over for me.

12. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where are you located that you found a Bruticus?

He has been the most mysterious and elusive character to find in my entire search for any figure.

13. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree, I like copter arms better

14. SMOG

This is how I do the copters as legs sometimes. Solid as heck. You lose the knee-joint at the connector, but you can bend Onslaught/Barricade's legs further up to approximate knees.

[​IMG]
    (It looks better if you fold those little missile hatches at the knee down over the exposed joint as well...)

I like this mod for helicopter arms because it means I can swap them up to get that asymmetrical look that the G1 combiners had, and I don't have to use those stupid energon accessories or the lame offical transformation. :thumbs2: 

zmog

15. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

...any idea how he got the copter to attach like that? There had to be some sort of modding done because when it's in copter mode, the connector socket is completely covered up. But if it were possible to attach the copter like that normally, you wouldn't even need the add on kit, the hip and legs would provide plenty of elbow articulation and the copter hand is the most "hand-like" of all the energon limbs.

Edit: I tried that leg transformation for the copter and it seems to come up too short compared to other legs. Though I use the A-10 mold from the Superion set as the other leg. Personally though, I would prefer to have the copter as an arm since it's energon hand isn't all that bad.

16. SMOG

Except for those crazy long fingers. :) 

Yeah, the above leg form for the copter is a bit shorter... I forgot that, because I usually use it for both legs.

zmog

17. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That doesn't look bad at all with the accesory kit, has some good possibilites for sure.

18. honcho

honcho It's been a while.

Ebay:

Love this configuration! I am so doing that, thanks for sharing.

19. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    That looks amazing. If the add on kit was cast in transparent red and blue, I think it might even look better.