Minor/Repaint: ROTF: Brawn

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by dyingwill3rd, Feb 17, 2010.

1. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

Sup guys. When i went to my hometown last weekend, I found Brawn, Lockdown and Ratchet :D . I couldn't find them here in the current city i live in, so i bought them as soon as i saw them. I honestly love the molds, but i didn't like the brown outer color of Brawn, so i bought some paint and got to work!

Like Armorhide and Ironhide, Brawn is a member of the Assault division in my series, and will be the focus character for the 6th episode.

Here's a bio for him i made-
    Brawn, as his name suggests, has always been known for his strength. However, with the recent Decepticon armor developments, Brawn has been told that he needs weapons. Whenever he runs out of bullets however, he drops his guns and punches down his opponents.

I repainted him with Olive green and black for his vehicle parts. For his robot mode, I used Olive Green, Gun metal gray on the arms, and the head. I also used a mix of copper, metallic red, and cadmium yellow for his chest. For his eyes i used Metallic Blue pearl.

Hope you like him! Don't forget to C&C!

UPDATE:

Found out i had some clear coat left, so i applied it to Brawn!

Also, gave him a hammer

UPDATE:
    I think i found him a better weapon :)  Made from Energon Strongarm's weapon. It can connect to Brawns guns to form a hard club or a Multi gun

Attached Files:

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I like the colors both in bot mode and truck mode. Are you going to clean the green off the wheel? Maybe make them muddy.

3. snakejake

snakejake Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    looks good. but like solrac suggested, i'd clean up those wheels! nicely done though.

4. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

Love the coloring, hey I bet you've noticed that he can hold Irohide's weapons, Have you found some holsters for his revolvers? I mean Ironhide's gear can clip onto Brawn the same way but his pistols are different..

5. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

Well, your pics have improved. Only one out of focus this time. The colors are good, but the paint looks a little sloppy. Try using a smaller brush and less paint on it.

6. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

I see improvements, both in the photography -and- the painting. as Hotwire said, your paints are too thick. Less paint on a smaller brush will help, but I'd also use thinner coats, or at least thinner paints. It looks like you used unthinned enamels, which are thick to begin with. If you don't want to thin your paint, or don't know the thinner-paint ratios, get some paints which are very thin to begin with. I experience Tamiya Acrylics to be thin enough to paint straight out of the bottle with. (has a lot of thinner in it, that's why they dry so fast, I believe)

Glad to see improvement. He could use some detailing, however. And maybe a darker wash. (that'll make you thin your paints har har)

7. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    I also see a lot of improvement (both the painting and the photography) from the last custom of yours that I've seen. The paint looks smoother and the details look more cleanly applied. Like the others have mentioned it can still use some work (thinning the paint for smoother coat) but it kinda works for Brawn because it's supposed to be a dirtied up military vehicle. I would've wanted to see some more colors in 'bot mode, too. Having his legs and feet and almost everything else green may makes for a G1 homage, but it doesn't work well with all the movie-verse detailing of the sculpt.

That Landmine looks pretty good, as well.

Great job and I hope to see you one-up this piece with your next project. :thumb :

8. dyingwill3rd

Thanks for the comments guys. I guess i can muddy up his wheels :wink: 

okay, I'll thin my paints on the next project. Also, since i got my glasses, now i can see the photos clearly when i take them :) 

Kinda was going for a G1 homage with him, while still making him look a bit movie verse (hence the gunmetal gray rather than silver on him)

9. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

This explains a lot!!!!

10. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

Are they for you or the camera? (yea, you can expect these in the future now heh)

And since you mention it, I expect more improvements next time, huh.

11. dyingwill3rd

Lol, yeah i got my glasses only recently, so everything i see is clearer. Everything i saw before had blurry outlines, but now i can see details even better :D . My next custom is only a touch up one, but i hope i take good enough pics for it :D 

12. blazingbullet10

blazingbullet10 Blazingbullet10000

really love the color you pick for brawn i really love the orange for the chest just clean the wheels and it will look great if you want you may also want to paint the rims to add more detail but its up to you

13. dyingwill3rd

Thanks for liking him

14. dyingwill3rd

UPDATE: Found some clear coat in my garage, so i applied it to Brawn.

15. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

OK, but where are the pics?

16. dyingwill3rd

just added them

17. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    Man that Hammer looks cool! Where'd that come from?

18. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

^Looks like a Bionicle.

19. dyingwill3rd

Yup, it's from a bionicle. I'm also thinking of making him more weapons. His updated alt mode pics will be added later today

20. dyingwill3rd

Updated with new weapon pics :)