RotF Brakedown

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Optimus Prime, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Except for the arms looks pretty good.

2. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review, he looks really awesome! :thumbs2: 

One question though, how is his arms connected to the sides of the carmode?
    Is it possible to unscrew that part from the hands so that panel can swivel around his elbow?

3. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like this, but I really want to see a repaint

4. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

This little figure is awesome. Hasbro should consider making other stunticons to combine into Menasor. Motormaster could be an OP remould with a new head, and others should be scout sized like Brakedown.

5. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

I don't know, they had Bumblebee, Ratchet, Starscream and Blackout in Animated. Plus I'd think that they were well aware of the movie-maker's intent to use Sideswipe back before they started designing the Universe mold (and they certainly would have had time to put the brakes on tossing Ravage in with Universe Hound).

Then there's the physical similarities to G1 Sideswipe beyond just the car mode. The doors on the arms, tires for shoulders, windshield back and just an overall similarity in shape makes it a darn near perfect Swipe. It'll probably be released in the Universe line and not RotF, and it'll probably be another year at least before it happens, but to me at least it seems just too good a fit for them not to do it. Of course, a new head would be nice.

6. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Great pictorial/review. Just when I said I would not be getting any movieformers except for the gobot Dart homage hasbro comes back with the G1 inspired, classics influenced release of Bludgeon and now Breakdown.

7. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want this guy repainted as Barricade. Yeah, I know they have the awesome HA version coming out in a few months, but this mold really does look just like Barricade.

8. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually kind of like this little guy.

9. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Come on oversized ko!!!

10. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

He's talking about reusing names from the movie, something which they have no actually done outside of direct repaints or remakes of an on-screen character. Universe and Animated have nothing to do with it. Since Sideswipe is in the movie, and has his own deluxe toys as well as a Human Alliance figure, it's incredibly unlikely that Brakedown will be renamed Sideswipe for his repaint. However, we could still get a red and black repaint of him named something else (Windcharger? Overdrive?) when he's eventually repainted.

And movie molds will not be repainted outside of the movie line. Too many licensing fees to spread around to merit their use in a non-movie situation.

On topic: Brakedown is an unquestionable buy. Once again the Scout Class is head and shoulders above the rest in terms of overall design and fun. These little guys are always great...except Rollbar...he's weird.

11. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Optimus747, great photos.

Personally, I wish we could have gotten this as a Deluxe Class.

With a different headsculpt.

Painted as Wheeljack.

12. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is he a remold of Delazerbendour? He seems to use alot of the same internals. Especially the hands. I likes him though.

13. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Agreed. This would have made an awesome deluxe figure, but still, it's an amazing scout figure so insta-buy for me.

14. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

must buy!

15. Faxon

Faxon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Obviously not. Vauge similarities do not mean a remold.

16. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

Oooh is not a deluxe? Anyway he looks very nice.

17. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

They reuse *names* all the time, whether they were in the movie or not (hence my reference to names used in Animated that were used just a few months prior in the 2007 movie - which had toys with these names on the shelves next to the Animated toys of the same name). Maybe they don't use movie molds for non-movie lines, I'm not sure. No examples of them doing so are coming to mind, but I've never heard anything to indicate that they won't. If someone at Hasbro has stated this, then so be it, but it not happening thus far isn't a good reason to assume it can't. Animated's aethetic was so different from the movie line that there really was no chance of a movie mold crossing over, and Classics V2/Universe was already pretty fully stocked with new molds and Cybertron recolors.

As for licensing being the reason for not doing so, in the case of Breakdown I doubt there are any licensing issues to be concerned about. Like with the Universe Swipe/Streaker, it's definitely meant to look like a Lambo, but it's not close enough to any particular model to warrant paying licensing fees.

Anyway, I hope they continue bolstering the Scout size class with cars. They're close enough scale-wise to look good with Classic Voyager Prime and the various Voyager tanks (the 1:45 ish neighborhood).

18. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    K just checking I don't own the other scout. Thanks. I do like this fig though but it doesn't fit with my other scouts because I'm getting the unusual scouts. So far I've got Doc, Ransack Von Joy, Toasterbot 5000-Ejector edition, and RhulBhear.

19. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    looks great ~ i really wish his arms were just a little bit less "movie aesthetic-ish", but he really does look like he can hang on a Classics shelf without bringing too much attention to himself.

20. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FULL OF WIN. Looks great next to Wild Rider and Dragstrip too! Thamks for pics of that. I'm eager to see who they may repaint him as. I hope for Dead End color wise. Probably not name wise cuz of the other two ROTF Dead Ends.

I also wish he had an Energon style "limb-connector-piece-thingy"