ROTF Bludgeon's Small Sword - Wakizashi or Tanto???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimist_Prime, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What is ROTF Bludgeon's side arm technically? Is it a Wakizashi, which is about 32" 1/1 scale, or a Tanto, which is about 21" 1/1 scale? I'm asking so I know exactly what to get in a 1/6 scale for him.

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would say Wakizashi, considering that it's designed to be part of the Daisho on his hip. Tanto knives are quite small, designed to be concealed in the sleeve or belt. While of course, Bludgeon has neither, it's longer than his forearms, so that really wouldn't work if he did have sleeves.

3. akum6n

akum6n Bootleg

That's an awfully long tanto and wakizashi.

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    kinda ashamed to admit this, but according to my TMNT and Other Strangeness RPG, Daisho refers to "the long and the short."
    thus a katana or similar long sword (long) is teamed with a wakizashi (short) as paired weapons.

so, accurate or not, i call it a wakizashi on my Bludgeon.

5. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

at first i thought it was a kodachi, but usually a katana is paired with a wakizashi. the wakizashi is usually a bit smaller than the kodachi with an average length of 20 inches. so like aku said, that is quite a long wakizashi from the length you posted optimist. usually the wakizashi is used to decapitate a head after defeating an enemy rather using the katana.

6. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
  7. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have to admit I was getting the lengths from a sword set on ebay. Thanks for the wiki links BM. I should of gone there to check the lengths. I'll edit my first post.

Edit: The only reason I thought it might be Tantō is because the knife looked so short compared his sword ( which doesn't really look that much like a katana ).

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010