ROTF better than DOTM?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ruination04, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, but I'll still scold ROTF. "Bad!! Bad ROTF, you go in the corner, not on the floor, not on the floor!!"

2. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    Dat post...
    RotF was pretty nice, DOTM was great, but still had it's akwardly bad moments. DotM was better in terms of... Everything.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Your kinda right. I did feel dissapointed and unsatisfied with DOTM's ending. one of the worst endings in a movie ever.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    All the endings of all three films are abrupt and without any real deneument, but I think people noticed it most in DOTM since that was also meant to be a "big" ending for what was supposedly the last film.

5. PeteAutobot

PeteAutobot autobot in training

I liked rotf better....just wished the battles should have been a little longer....and devastator would have fought a little more....

6. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Man you really find a way to slap a crazy comment into everything you say on here.

ROTF ain't bad as the critics say, but classic is not a word that should be anywhere near either of the sequels. Part 1.... maybe I can agree with that.

7. Soca Taliban

Soca Taliban Well-Known Member

This is true.....I think I would be able to look past a lot of the things that I disliked in all three movies had the endings been done properly. After Megs attacked SP and trashed talked OP, I was hyped for a brutal, epic fight between Megs and Prime. After Megs got his head ripped off in like 5 seconds, I was just sitting there like, wait WTF!! That's it??!! :mad 

8. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You hit the nail on the head for me. I have no desire to buy DOTM on Blu-ray even when the edition with the special features is avaliable.

9. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

This i can agree with completely. While each movie ended fairly quickly after the climax it seems that DOTM took it to the greatest extreme. I mean Optimus kills sentinel and stands there with 1 arm and it went practically straight to credits. I did like the Optimus monologues at the end of each movie but the lack of winding everything down and just ending the movie abruptly i did not care for.

That said DOTM was better than ROTF. While i was entertained by ROTF it was not a good movie all things considered.

10. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    THIS. I love all three films (but will fully admit their flaws), but I would never ever call them "classics". Maybe if they were all better-made - along the lines of Nolan's Batman films or even Iron Man 1 and 2 thusfar - but no. Not these guys. They're not bad enough to be considered the worst of cinema, but they're not good enough to be considered classics. The first one has the best chance of even being considered to be ranked as a "classic"...maybe. Even that's a stretch.

11. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This! Nothing else need to be said except that I wish BAY himself could read just what you wrote here and get a real idea on what most of us fans truly feel and think.

12. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wasnt sure whether to bump this or start my own thread but anyways I actually prefer ROTF to DOTM I know right? I agree with Silk Spectre in that Ive also had trouble getting through more than 1 viewing of DOTM since Ive owned it and yet I find ROTF more enjoyable and I can watch it more than once. I think at least for me it has something to do with the environments and the twins in the filM. ROTF tried something new. It tried to get out of the restricted fighting areas of the city and to show the battle on a larger scale which I really liked it wanted to get away from the restricted elements that the first movie had which I really liked. Regarding the twins personally im a big fan of skids and mudflap and I think they actually added character and personality to ROTF. Having them not appear in DOTM was just asking for continuity errors. we got no explanation of why they didnt appear in DOTM they just vanished. DOTM is awesome dont get me wrong but I just like ROTF a little better.

13. LISpictures

LISpictures Well-Known Member

Now that i think about it ROTF had more of the "transformers feel" the first film had. It also used the "Autobots theme" alot more then in DOTM. To me the "autobots theme" basically makes transformers feel like transformers.

14. Megatron276

Megatron276 destroyer

well its like this dotm is a better movie but i do like rotf as my personal favorite

15. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Well, people are arguing that there aren't as many plot holes in ROTF as people say. So if that isn't an issue then it really helps it. The Cons also seemed somewhat more powerful even if they were shit they're worse in DOTM. Also, Megatron and the Fallen didn't die in three hits at the end and got in some of their own. But I don't like the twins or orangey yellow and so much of the film was the twins in a desert.

What I want to know is, what are the plot holes in ROTF?

16. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i like rotf - bumblbee trown twins like garage

17. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I like the first one the least. I thought each installment got progressively better.

18. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

19. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Are you kidding?

20. Atlas42

Atlas42 Banned

ROTF better than DOTM?

[​IMG]