RotF Beachcomber vs. Deadlift

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Jarodimus, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hate to start a feedback thread off with negativity, but I have to.

Is anyone else's Deadlift a total piece of junk? Mine has untrimmed mold flash, a left elbow that constantly pops off, arm tabs that don't stay in the leg slots for vehicle mode, lift frames that won't stay pegged together, and a seat hinge that is warped and crooked. He's definitely getting exchanged.

On the plus side, the redeco on both toys is very good, with Deadlift's being especially sharp. I love the silver paint they used. And my Beachcomber's QC is good.

2. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    ya, thats why I haven't bought these, I looked through a stack of around 10 and there wasn't a single one without some sort of QC problem. Its unfortunate, cause I really do like the deco

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I really haven't seen QC issues on TFs for some time, so this surprises me. I've been waiting for some feedback on these decos. I plan on getting both two packs.

4. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    My Spoons...errr, "Deadlift" is decent. One of his arms may pop off every once in awhile, but not constantly. He holds together well in both molds, though the joints are just as loose as my Dirt Boss. I think the mold in general is to blame. I would definitely return the one you got, Jarodimus, as yours sounds even worse than the average figure.

5. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
    My Deadlift kind of falls apart too. The legs are constantly popping off and don't fit into his arms for the transformation. Plus the sliding bit won't stay up so it's always slumped and the steering wheel has a big blob of extra orange paint on it. Overall, he still displays fine though and I really only got the set for Beachcomber which has no problems so I barely care.

6. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

I was somewhat excited to see them, but the paint quality of both is terrible. Just a glance and I could tell these were terrible quality. They looked like someone actually "repainted" them.

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My Beachcomber has pretty much perfect QC, while my Deadlift has some of the worst QC I've ever had in a figure. Almost ALL of his joints are loose, to the point where he was trouble standing. >.<

8. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    The part on my Deadlift that accordions out to become the seat and steering wheel in vehicle mode just plops off his back. Nothing holding it on there but good thoughts.

There's a piece of tape still attached to Beachcomber's chest from when he was being painted at the factory. Its only noticeable if you're staring right at it and I'm afraid to remove it for fear of there being a giant rectangle of unpainted plastic in its place.

9. mitchsantona

mitchsantona Seeker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Beachcomber is okay. His guns are a little loose, but the figs i good shape. Paint and all. Now deadlift on the other hand.... I think they may have talken all the Dirt Bosses that didn't make it through QC last time around, and threw some paint on them and boxed them up. Mine has loose arms, a head that won't stay up, and nothing tabs or plugs together right in Alt mode. I like the new paint on both, but Spoo.. Deadlift is pretty crappy.

10. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Beachcomber is pretty great. It even has a bit better qc than my DuneRunner, in that one of his bumper pieces doesn't try to pop off.

I got the set for Deadlift, though. I don't have a Dirt Boss so I don't know what his QC was like, but Deadlift is pretty bad. All the ones I've seen had pretty sloppy paint, to the point where it looks like it was done by kid with a paint brush. Not so much streaky or anything, but gobby.

The alt mode doesn't really lock in, but I'm not sure if Dirtboss had that problem. The joints in alt mode are fine except the shoulders\head piece wants to sag. No loose joints, and the saggy piece will hold poses until you try to repose it.

Paint on the ones available was just varying degrees of bad. I wouldn't buy this set online, and only if you can pick through a few on the shelf.

~Matt Booker

11. Jarodimus

News Credits:
    My Dirt Boss has no problems. That's why Deadlift's shoddiness was such a surprise to me.

12. Jarodimus

News Credits:
    Got a replacement Deadlift, and he seems to be flawless! Much happier now.

(I know everyone was eagerly awaiting an update on this.)

13. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    did you guys notice the new twist ties hasbro used? were they easier to undo? or are you already just using nail clippers anyway? i saw the sets today and just noticed so i wondered...

14. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I really wanna buy this for Deadlift (love intentional Go-Bots homages), so hearing that he has terrible QC is a downer. Usually, stuff like bad paint doesn't bother me, but hearing that he has crappy joints and doesn't stay together in vehicle mode, that's the stuff that's a turnoff.

15. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I skipped both Dirt Boss and Dune Runner, mostly because there were other figures I wanted more, and the budget wouldn't really allow both, but I'd like to grab these guys. Sucks to head about Spoo.... er... Deadlift, though. I'm actually more interested in Beachcomber, though. Are these 2-packs exclusive to anywhere? I don't recall reading anything like that, but it seems like most scout 2-packs have been exclusive to one store or another. I could be wrong.

16. Jarodimus

News Credits:
    ^ Walmart exclusives.

17. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Are these guys rare or something? I went to wal-mart and I couldn't find any. In fact, the Transformers section was pretty tiny (last time I was there they had end-caps and those big center-of-the-aisle hubs full of scouts and role play items, this time everything was limited to a little fourth of an aisle)

18. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
    They have been out for awhile and, since they are exclusives, their distribution may not be too great. I'm not exactly sure where you're from (I'm guessing South Carolina by the SC?) but I would suggest checking the sightings thread for your respective state and asking there.

19. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the same issue as you with the frames and seat hinge. There's definitely a molding issue here- though I do agree with you that the decos are great.

20. Jarodimus

News Credits:
    I'd definitely encourage you to exchange it. Like I said above, my second one is flawless.