ROTF Battle OPs Bumblebee.....First Impression Is WHY?!?!?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Apr 9, 2010.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Seriously, why do we even need this? Hasbro could've spent the time and resources on a Leader-Class figure of another character. We already have countless versions of deluxe 'bee and the best Bumblebee ever in the HA version.

What is your opinion on this issue?

2. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I have no idea anymore. To me, it's really two questions:

1. Why make another Bumblebee toy, and
    2. Why do we need another Leader-Class figure in the toy line right now?

or, if you just ask "why is the next leader figure a Bumblebee", I'd say it's because he's a popular character, and Leader/Supreme class toys don't sell nearly as well as the rest of the line. Logically, Leader-Class figures are safe-bet popular characters, but that doesn't explain Leader Brawl (twice). At this point, I have no idea what Hasbro is thinking, what their plans are, or even what they should be doing. Since I'm getting Generations, and I'm getting WFC toys, I'm not sure I care about anything larger than a deluxe for the rest of the year.

3. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's unnecessary to me but maybe I'm wrong coz there are legion of 'bee fans out there that would totally dig this figure.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yeah it seems pretty pointless to some collectors, but BB is the kid-friendly character from the movies. He's more likely to sell at a higher price point than a leader class toy of any other character (minus Optimus) to the target audience so I can understand HasTak's logic.

5. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    The same could be said about making another thread about it when you could just post in the one(s) highlighting the features.

Short answer: Because it'll sell.

6. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Good point but, logic also says that a thread highlighting Hasbro's thinking on this figure rather than the features of the figure itself also deserves it's own thread.

Bottom Line: It probably won't sell. Like most Leader-Class toys, it'll shelfwarm and collect dust until it goes on sale and/or clearance.

7. AMG

AMG Old School

I understand why Hasbro is doing this, Bee is a popular character and they want to cash in on it all they can. It's understandable really, a lot of fans are buying these Bee toys like crazy. Hasbro is out to get the money while the character is hot.

To be honest it doesn't bother me how many movie Bumblebee toys they make. The bottom line is that Hasbro gets paid, they use the money to finance more toys, and I'm a happy man in the end.

8. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Probably to have a large, expensive version of their most iconic character on the shelves for the holidays.

9. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Leader Class toys may not sell as fast, but even within those, you don't see as many Primes clogging the shelf as you see Megs. Same thing during the first movie, there was a dry period where everywhere around here only had Megs and Brawl.

Even the high priced Ultimate Bumbebee didn't really sit around too long at any of the stores that I frequent (about 25 stores), and I even only saw Devs make it to clearance at two of them. How often do the numerous Bumblebee deluxe repaints sit on the shelf at a local store? Not very long. Hell, it isn't even that often that I stumble across a HA Bumblebee, and he was packaged in the original release of every wave (I beleive), and even packaged in its own case to start. This Bumblebee will have two things going for it. It is most kids favorite character, and it is big. Without coming out around a holliday, it may sit a bit longer, but as soon as Christmas comes around, it will sell. Sure collectors are sick of bumblebee after bumblebee, but kids want something recognizable, not a character like Bludgeon, or even Jolt (who half of them probably don't even know was in the movie). When you ask these questions, you need to think like a kid rather than a collector, cause that is who these toys are geared at.

10. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If Battle Ops Bumblebee being made and selling like hot cakes means one day a Classics Shockwave or Reflector or RotF Scrapper/Hightower/Overload or an Animated character without a toy getting one or whatever the hell else gets made because Hasbro can afford it, than I say sell sell sell.

As for the figure itself, I wasn't very ecstatic over another large Bumblebee toy being created (I figured the Ultimate would be enough), but this thing actually seems kind of neat, so I might pick it up after all.

11. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  12. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am all for Hasbro making money and Bumblebee sells. Actually I am probably going to pick this dude up myself.

13. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sadly, I'll probably be picking him up as well. I think the movie-verse bee is pretty damned cool.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Bee is one of the best selling characters at the moment. Hasbro might as well flesh him out as much as possible. That way the revenue coming in from him can go to funding plenty of other things. Like the Generations line, which is more fan-oriented than other lines usually are. I personally won't be getting BO Bumblebee, but I do understand why Hasbro is making him, and think it's a good choice of theirs.

I'm already preparing myself for the onslaught of Bee products that'll inevitably find their way into the TF3 toy line. It'll be somewhat annoying seeing so many different variations of the same character design, but at the same time it'll mean less TF purchases for me next year. Which is definitely a good thing, as I'm getting into collecting other things.

Also, if they hadn't made this, I seriously doubt they would have made a Leader class Blackout/Grindor/Soundwave/"fill in name of movie-bot fans want a Leader-class figure of"/etc... Besides, big Bee here isn't technically a Leader-class figure himself.

15. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    I said this before and I'll say this to you guys again.

Stop blaming every figure you don't want for being the reason Hasbro didn't make the impractical dream figure you always wanted when chances are they never had any intentions to make it anyways.

16. galvascream

galvascream Apple Junkie

News Credits:
    You mean countless four to ten year olds accross the world, right?