ROTF and the Matrix

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Ok I have this question. It is said by Jetfire that only a Prime can stop The Fallen, and with Prime dead there is no hope in stopping The Fallen. But why no other Autobot can stop The Fallen? And the Matrix I wondered why no other Autobot could of carried it, that way he could of stopped The Fallen? In other continuities that the Matrix could be passed to anybody.

Thanks

2. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Unlike the other continutys, the primes here canont be chossen by the matrix or any cybertronian, the Cybertronian Himself Must be born as a prime in the movies

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    first, no, the matrix wasn't able to be passed to anyone, even in G1 when Prime passed it to Magnus, it still didn't turn Magnus into a Prime. The matrix chose Hot rod and turned him into Rodimus Prime. So the matrix can't be passed to just anyone, it's only to a few chosen bots that it can be used to it's full potential. Secondly, this isn't the same continuity of G1 retold, so even if the Matrix were able to be passed from one to another in other lines, it still wouldn't work in this setting, and lastly, the reason the matrix wasn't used before, is because it was hidden on earth for all those thousands of years..

4. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    Primes are immune to The Fallen's powers. Therefore only a Prime can defeat him...

5. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

What everyone else said, and when it says, "Only a Prime can defeat the Fallen", I don't think it means The Fallen has to be killed by a Prime.
    I think he means that only a Prime would have a real chance of defeating him, which doesn't make it completely impossible for Ironhide to blast his head off or for Ratchet to saw him in half, or for Megatron to backstab him.

6. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    I still think the story arc of The Fallen's promise to make Megatron a Prime should have carried on to the movies. It would have helped the villain side of the story... To see Megatron either a) abandon The Fallen, or b) blast him.

7. Twintwist8

Twintwist8 Banned

Ebay:
    So, if at the end of the first movie, Prime calls Megatron a "brother". But yet kills him at the end of 3, but if the mention of Megs and Prime being brothers. Obviously just being a brother doesn't make Megatron also a "Prime". But it would have been a nice twist for Megatron to try and turn on The Fallen, and the Fallen to turn around and say, "You can't kill me, worm"... or some such thing, prior to the battle with Prime and The Fallen. While the 2nd movie is definitely not the best movie of the 3, I still need to find the novel and read the book. I was never aware the Fallen's intent was to help Megatron become a Prime. If it was hinted in the movie... I never really noticed. But that plot point would have made the plot hold much better than it did.

8. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

keep in mind that the movievers is a different continuity with different rules

9. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

I think that's just the comic and game motivation for Megatron.

The original concept of siblings were changed to brothers in arms. Something that's introduced into late media.

Optimus being the Charles Xavier to Megatron's Magneto.

When you think about it Megatron did have grievance with Sentinel Prime and Optimus. Sentinel Prime spouts freedom is the right of sentient beings yet revels at being adored by the masses god-like. Optimus Prime by accident of birth gets to lead the Autobots after Sentinel Prime.

Sentinel Prime saved their race once founding the Autobots forming a stable empire. How does Megatron beat that? Sentinel's so charismatic that he was worried he's take over the Decepticons in DOTM.

Jealousy drove Megatron to be seduced by the Fallen Prime to form a new Decepticon army. Megatron wants to be in charge and there is no other command but his. So Megatron goes against the teachings of Sentinel Prime and goes for conquest and tyranny.

10. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Optimus and Megatron are not siblings, they are brothers in arms

fixed, cause the comics have no mention if they are siblings

11. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Wow some reading comprehension you have.... I meant Megatron wanting to be a Prime!

12. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    ah, well i think myself while theres nothing mentioned in the movie, i still think megs is working with fallen for the power of the primes