ROTF and IronMan2, similar money shots, your fave?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Many of you that watched IM2 noticed how Tony Stark jumped out of a plane just how Optimus in ROTF.

I though IM's move on that shot was very much influenced from ROTF's film, but no hard feelings here, it did look good.

Which one was the sickest? Prime's or Stark's?

2. jetfire prime

jetfire prime Do it now and do it loud

News Credits:
    i liked primes a lot better. there was much more to it

3. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    It's highly likely that most of the answers given are going to be optimus bias because this is a transformers board but Stark didn't transform into Ironman from a truck driving off a C-17.

Nor did he parachute in, cut the parachute off ever so quickly and then roll onto the ground and transform back into the truck.

4. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    Prime's free fall was more dynamic and exciting. By comparison, Stark's is a bit too predictable and "blah." He just jumps out of the plane and flies into the theater. I think the cut version where Pepper tosses his helmet out of the plane and Stark dives after it would have worked better (he'd have to catch the helmet and put it on in mid free fall - much more exciting and dynamic). That being said, I still enjoyed IM2 very much.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Word up.

6. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I am a huge Iron Man fan, but I gotta side with Prime on this one. That entrance serves as one of the greatest entrances of all time! The build up of the music, the headlight flare, the transformation...the parachutes with Autobot symbols (a little overkill there, but overkill that made this fan smile), followed by the first on-camera Prime transformation to vehicle! Badass!

I did NOT like the actual Iron Man 2 plane jump when compared to the plane jump shown in the trailer. Pepper throwing the helmet out of the back and Tony diving after it was far better. I wish they wouldn't have changed it.

7. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Haven't seen Iron Man 2, but I doubt you can have a better shot than Prime's. That was a great shot.

8. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Prime by far. His had an epic feel to it complete with the wonderful Jablonsky music as he made his entrance on his way to take on Demolishor. Iron Man's was cool, but he flies all the time anyway and was just making an appearance at an expo. AC/DC was cool, but didn't make me go "wow" like Jablonsky's music accompanied by the entrance of the giant alien robot who transforms in midair. :D 

9. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Prime by far. Iron Man 2 was terrible, and a lot of the "money shots" weren't even that interesting. ROTF's money shots were way more engaging and dynamic.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm going to give this one to Prime as well. While both scenes were really well done the scene with Prime just seems more fun. You know Iron Man can fly so it's nothing new that really jumps out at you, but Prime as a paratrooper just really jumps out as something you aren't expecting.

Although my favorite scene from the films is one that isn't hyped very much. I just really loved the scene in Iron Man 2 where the infantry drones anchor down so they can use their big guns on Iron Man. If Transformers 3 wants to return the favor of borrowing something then I hope that maybe one of the Transformers can do something like that.

11. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I think Prime's was way cooler, but the Iron Man one was cool too. I do feel they were different scenes..Iron Man is jumping just to make a cool entrance..and the playboy that he is he likes to have some fun, dodging those fireworks..

but seriously guys, what can be cooler than a truck falling out of an airplane, transforming into a robot?!!!

12. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I think it's too easy to say that similar shots are influenced by other movies. Might as well say then that Prime's jet jump was influenced by every other film featuring a similar scene. Die Another Day being the most recent IIRC.

That being said, I prefer Prime's because he transforms.