ROTF Alliance pics

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by frenzyrumble, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Found these just now, saw the thread, but no pics....

(from tfans)http://tformers.com/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=1003

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: Movie Prequel: Alliance - IDW - Comic

Sadly not the big finish that would have saved this patchwork prequel, Alliance #4 joined the first two issues in setting up for the new movie while not telling much story. Alliance in general just felt like a four issues of IDW putting Michael Bay’s toys back where they found them. Bumblebee has been re-muted and rejoins Sam, then there is a big round off camera ‘Con clean up.

The rest of the pertinent information on this issue is spoilerish, so I’ll save it for the end.

Overall this issue tries to do to much with to little time and really to little reason. The movieverse has been constructed to be movies and has to be shoe horned into other media. Like the toys, it’s obvious that Revenge of the Fallen comics were made after the fact.

Honestly I think Writer Chris Mowry has done a great job of tying up the loose ends from other movie comics and securing their place in canon. It would have been a shame if IDW had had to just press the reset button on all it’s in between movie comics because they didn’t jive with the movie. The characters are all solid, the dialog is good, and it does take us from the end of movie one to the beginning of movie two, clearly, the goal of this type of comic.

The art is not as good as I’d expect from Alex Milne, it feels rushed, especially the humans. Though as usual Milne draws detail heavy movie like no one else, and there are several awesome crash moments that had a life to them.

Usually I recommend picking up IDW in Trade Paperback, and issue 4 is a great time to do that, but this time I have to say, Pass.

Alliance feels like it was a tick in a box. “Movie Prequel Comic? Check.” It’s purely functional. It does its job and leaves. Between need to bridge Reign of Starscream, and checkbox need for a Prequel comic IDW probably had to do Alliance, but that doesn’t mean we have to read it.
    Spoilers for RotF follow.

The rest of this issue is set up for Revenge of the Fallen, we see the arrival of the Arcee Bikes, Sideswipe, and whoever the Ice Cream truck is. Yep the Ice Cream Truck is an Autobot. ($10 says his name has “chill” in it…)

[​IMG]

McLaren Robotics seems to be a front for Government Transformer clean up. (They blew up half a city, there’s still a cover up. Seriously?) The team name, N.E.S.T., the dumbest acronym ever, is used in this comic.

[​IMG]

Here are some pics of silhouettes of the Bikes in individual robot mode. You either like the unicycle look or you don’t I guess…

At the end Prime and Lennox are looking at monitor showing what is believed to be Demolishor, it is stated that the image is from Shanghai. Or as Lennox puts it, “…SHANGHAI!”

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• AR1.JPG
      AR1.JPG
      File size:
      169.2 KB
      Views:
    • AR2.JPG
      AR2.JPG
      File size:
      122.7 KB
      Views: