ROTF... A love-hate relationship

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by mfa8578, Jul 15, 2009.

1. mfa8578

mfa8578 transparentprime

i'm writing this after the second time i watched the movie. thinking about it, what can i say is that this movie is a mix between "crackin' awesome" and "god, why the heck on earth should it be like this???"

don't get me wrong, i dont hate the movie, it's just that something needs to be done 'bout how Bay is going to build the path of this "EPIC". a few things aren't suppose to be there like the "resurrection" of the dead ones. why should he (bay) bother getting back all the dead decepts to the next eps when they should've been laid in peace? resurrection of meg however is inevitable because meg definitely plays a huge role in tf! but wouldn't it be better if he is turned to GALVATRON??

then, the function of the first line of autobots (tf 1) is shaded with the introduction of skidd and mudflap. this especially refers to ironhide and ratchet. as someone who followed tf back in 1984-1989 g1, one couldn't deny but to accept that both skidd and mudflap didn't play huge role in the cartoon series. suddenly, ironhide and ratchet are extras in rotf, with no huge contribution whatsoever.

further elaboration will be posted

2. mfa8578

mfa8578 transparentprime

in addition, this movie is filled with tooo many characters, making it a little bit "crampy" i guess? bay's idea of taking the battle to the next higher level is great, however he should've given more time for each character to develop and "introduce" themselves to the audience. i like ravage though, because he was able to potray the character of the g1 ravage. his character in rotf is superbly done. soundwave on the other hand, is a bit dissappointment 'cause he should've been an earth-based recon, not a far-away eye. this role should've been given to shockwave!

now let's talk 'bout skidd and mudflap. they are good in the sense of fighting spirit, teamwork (eventhough they quarrel a lot) and loyalty towards their team. but then, why are they turned to be a bunch of rude autobots. bare in mind that autobots can be funny, but they are far from being clowns!

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

The whole "Megatron turning into Galvatron" thing has been done to death, and I'm glad they didn't do it in RotF.

As for too many characters? You seem to be a fan of G1, which had a buttload of characters, many of them getting very few lines through out the whole series. So really, why complain?

Do you want the movies to be MORE like G1, or less? :confused: 

4. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    As much as I love G1 for all the original characters, I don't want the whole movie to be about it =)

I want a new Transformers series!

5. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

I'm sort of the same way. I'm divided between two extremes. Part of me loves seeing Prime jump out of an airplane, cars chase each other, robots fighting in Egypt - it's all very cool.

But the other part of me just can't get over all the faults the film has. I try so hard to not let them ruin my enjoyment of the movie, but some things are so bad I just can't ignore them.

6. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    The title of this thread contains the two no-no words. Naughty you.

Also I like less as more. Its so boring that everyone feels that having a billion transformers would solve film problems if anything it would just have the opposite affect.

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

^^^

SKowl's sig should be:

"The Twins: they don't read MUCH, but why should you let that bother you?"

;) 

8. mfa8578

mfa8578 transparentprime

don't get mixed up between cartoon and movies. tf cartoon had a long 6-year of story-telling session. in movies, you only have no longer that 2 and a half hour to get everything in line. so... it needs a more mature developments. not just by having all stars popping out like pop corns.. hehe.. don't ya agree???

9. mfa8578

mfa8578 transparentprime

well... i don't know 'bout you guys, but to me, i stopped watching tf after headmasters. it's simply because the later lines were not as fascinating as it used to be.

but then tf animated arrived, and god it was awesomely awesome!!! i mean, after a long time, suddenly habro managed to come out with a series of episodes that had me stucked in front of the tv like i did 25 years ago!!! the reason? SIMPLICITY! that's what i want. i like tf like it always used to be in the g1 lines, simple yet amusing.

anyway... credits should be given to bay for his ability to blend the human and robot characters. also, decepts' despise against human being.

p/s: wheelie is cool, but his origin in rotf is so wrongly told. can someone please comment?

10. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

He aint yer daddie's Wheelie... it's just a name.

11. mfa8578

mfa8578 transparentprime

really...? then why don't bay put o.p as a school janitor and say the same 'bout it? hehe...

why is it happening like that?

12. McBradders

Just because... it's like every new continuity, every name is up for use and re-imagining depending on the whim of the writers involved. Really there are only 4 characters that seem absoloutely untouchable and those are Prime, Megs, Starscream and, to a lesser extent, Bumblebee.

13. mfa8578

mfa8578 transparentprime

now i see... thanx for the info.

14. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

Is it really so hard to understand that when some new version of something comes along, they keep some aspects of the old, and change some things?

Some times I just don't know how to connect the dots for questions like this.

15. McBradders

Not everyone sticks with the franchise through thick and thin. It's not that hard to comprehend, especially after reading the OP :) 

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    okay i do not see the movies as G1 live action as to they are not , the have a good number of G1 homages yes, but they stand on there own, and i really wish people would stop calling the movies G1 the only TF movie thaty is G1 is thhe 1986 Transformers the movie

17. ManiactoaLaco

ManiactoaLaco Well-Known Member

THe critics are going to much into the faults. The people on the boads arwe going to much at the critics.

Ignore the critics. Roger Ebbert calls you dumb for liking this movie.

I went and saw the movie a a second and third time just to imagaine what he would think of that.

MTL

18. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

Wtf, why are there so many "love" , "hate", "love-hate" threads!

19. mfa8578

mfa8578 transparentprime

let's get this clear... it's not that kinda love-hate thing. just a matter of expressing my thoughts about this great movie we're talking 'bout. and folks, i'm seeing the movie at the content and context of it. 'cause to me it is very clear that there are some aspects in this movie that need further discussion.

furthermore, it is beyond my greatest intention to bring you to a matter that i don't want something as big as this movie to be turned into just another mega-flops like:
    -t3
    -war of the earth
    -the incredible hulk (1st hulk movie by that china director of course)
    -cat woman
    and lots of others of course!!!

plus... tf won't ever exist if it's not for the g1. if it's not for the fact that 25 years ago a toy company named HASBRO agreed to co-operate with TAKARA to produce a cartoon series that would eventually turn to become a pop-culture, we wont be here today to discuss about it. so... with my due respect, why can't we put a little extra effort to get the movies not to swerve too far from its origin.

do i get my message clear my friends...?

20. Sigmadead

Sigmadead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    What is War of the Earth? (do you mean War of the Worlds?)

Anyway, I choose to view the TF movies as a seperate continuity, thus not so rooted in G1. it allows for new characters and what not and doesn't taint the G1 that I know and love. Kind of like Animated and all the others, its got a lot of the same things, but its a new story not a re-telling. If I wanted to watch G1, I'd watch the old eps. (not that I wouldn't like a retelling, but I know that they aren't doing that anytime soon.)