ROTF, 3 years on

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Megatron276

Megatron276 destroyer

i loved rotf. awesome film

2. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

DOTM is the better movie, but I enjoy ROTF much more. I do think it has more pros than cons. If I had to rank the movies in order from the one I liked most to the one I liked the least, it would go like this Transformers, ROTF, and then DOTM.

3. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ROTF isn't my favorite of the trilogy, but it did have it's super awesome moments.

You got to at least admit that much.

4. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

ROTF is to Western TF fiction as Energon is to Japanese TF fiction.

Both are still less wretched than Kiss Players, but that's only because they aren't made for skeevy otaku :puke2: 

5. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Resident couch potato

I liked ROTF, it's not my favorite out of the series but nevertheless it was a good movie. So happy 3rd ROTF ya made '09 an exciting year.

6. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    ROTF could've been a better TF movie, It's not that bad.

7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Says the person who didn't post a single fact about the movie in their post.

8. Dark Autobot

Dark Autobot Child of G1

ROTF to me was always good....and just the 2nd ep....of a 3ep movie....and remember they had the writer's strike going on during the writing and filming of ROTF....and I still watch the movie a nice bit 3 yrs later.....just my view....and I'm a child of G1.....
    can't wait for FOC tho....

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

You have to start dropping names like Avatar and Twilight before you can convince some people that box office really doesn't have anything to do with the quality of a film.

You bring up something like one of the Twilight films making $700 million at the box office and all of a sudden opinions about box office and quality change.

10. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

Ah good times. I was the most hyped for this movie than I was for any other Transformers movie. I was dying from the wait. That teaser trailer blew my mind with Ravage and the mysterious giant wheel-bot. I was so excited about all these new characters. The trailer was epic, the TV spots made my hype even higher. I remember sitting in the IMAX theater, after a 2 years wait it was finally here.

Unfortunately it sucked horse shit.

11. Muramasa

Muramasa Well-Known Member

I still spend more time with the remote control in hand skipping scenes than I do drinking a beverage while watching this.

12. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

Well that's because the point of that post was poking fun at folks who say RotF is or isn't crap like it's a fact when it's all subjective/opinion.

I do like RotF better than the first one but DotM remains my favorite of the three flicks if you want to know however.

13. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

It's just that when you all you do is say that your don't like how everyone else has posted and don't actually do anything better, you come off as a flame baiter.

I'm not saying you are a flame baiter, I'm just warning you so you can avoid arguments if your not.

14. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i can see that. While I do enjoy ROTF, DOTM kicked its ass (for me).
    Hear ye!!!

i'm gonna go on a limb and say he wasn't using the term like "i'm a true fan and you're not", but more like - "this film made me an absolute fanatic about Transformers. Not a casual fan, but someone who really really loves TFs." at least, that's how i read it. Though tiring of other people dissing it is useless - we all have our own opinions...

15. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the input captain kirk.

16. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Though I have a lot of criticisms of ROTF, it's re-watchable to me, unlike DOTM. There's a fun factor to it, in spite of its many problems. After three years, and post-DOTM, I have a little bit more of an appreciation of it because of that.

17. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    It was a VERY enjoyable movie. I liked it better then DOTM. Soundwave had his voice, Epic forest battle, I enjoyed the twins, Loved seeing Jetfire, Sam died, Optimus died, and got to see Ravage which was a remarkable design. It had ALOT of good moments and good action scenes regardless of the writers strike and how it effected the plot.

18. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    Avatar was "Dances with Wolves" on LCD. Shitty over played scenerio just with hyped up graphics. I dont know how that steaming pile made so much other then for the pure visual aspect.

And for Twilight? dont get me started lol Another box office hit but shitty acting and story. Money doesnt entitle a "good movie" anymore. Lets thanks all the guys trying to get laid so they take a female to go see this movie on a date, I for one was one of them back in the day lol.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    A Truly Good Movie is judged by film critics who study and breathe movies.

20. ThatOddGuy

ThatOddGuy That Odd Guy's title

I was what, 12 when I saw it? Wow...anyway, it was really cringe worthy...the comedy was oddly misplaced, Mudflap and Skids were overtly offensive, and what was with Devastators "Scrotum"? Was that really necessary? I'm all for an adult joke, but only when it's funny and doesn't detract from the tone of the movie.

And don't even get me started on the glitter sock and Optimus stealing The Fallen's face.

And speaking of the glitter sock, WTF!? That was the freaking Matrix of leadership for crying out loud...