ROTF 2010 Deluxe Wave 1 Sighted at Retail in California

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Megablah, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    To TRU I go! Right now actually. Convenient that I am clocking out right now...

3. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Why do people always do this? Every time someone at CA finds a new TF, people all over the country immediatly leave to go hunting. I highly highly doubt any store near you will have it for at least two more weeks. Don't waste your time. This I why I shop at BBTS. By the time someone spots it first, I will already have it.

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought Dirge had been found already? Cuz I know Lumpys been searching like crazy for weeks.

5. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    If you would take a gander at the location of the report AND at my location, you would notice this is a west coast sighting. It's common that when a California sighting occurs, an Oregon sighting happens right after. Especially with TRU and Target. They tend to get things the same time over here.

I have, numerous times, done just what I did today and been home with a toy in hand. Not today, sadly.

Congrats on overpaying through BBTS to get it early. I'm not going to do that when it shows up in stores mere weeks/days later for significantly less. I only use them for imports/kits.

6. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

Bgrngod is right. West coast sightings happen pretty quickly to each other. I'm not rushing out today but next week I'll be looking for sure. I'll probably find 'em too!

7. Megablah

News Credits:
    The logic is that if one store has finally put it out, maybe other stores have put it out as well. If BBTS works for you, that's great (I use them too sometimes), but you really never know when stores are going to put out the newest stuff and it doesn't hurt to check.

There's also the thrill of the hunt. I know I'm excited these have been seen so now I can go to a store and legitimately hope they will be there. I would probably have checked already if I weren't stuck at work.

BTW, I'm not trying to be mean to you TornadoQuakeX, just explaining it from my point of view.

Bgrngod: That's too bad they didn't have anything yet. I hope they show up for you soon.

8. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Have to agree with the gentlemen above. For me, once a west coast sighting is spotted it doesn't take too long to find if you're really searching.

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    well as Christmas shopping has me wiped out until the first of the month ill have to wait until then to start the hunt

10. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even though these are repaints, I do want them. The sad thing I have to wait till after the holidays. I blame Amazon for their ridiculous sales and Opitmus Prime. Yes Prime. Both black primes(Actually one is convoy) and both Buster Primes.

11. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably going to be into the new year before these make it over to the East Coast, but I'm looking forward to getting Dirge.

12. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Want Dirge. Nao.

13. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Haha joke's on you guys. Dirge will be a Christmas gift for me.

14. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    This logic is correct. When I heard of the new stuff coming out from Arizona, then South Cal (especially in WalMart sighting) I usually 'd go hunting down the following week and bingo !!

As of first sighting.. I guess mine wasn't as somebody did find Dirge at a Walmart from Texas (correct?) like more than a week ago...

All I have observed in my area is this... the WalMart nearest me still have tons of shelfwarmers in RotF deluxe because the store almost never rollback their pricing not until recent week (to $8) but the demand is well saturated in this neighborhood... and I believe they might still have sealed cases of the Thrust/Gears wave at the gardening area (as temporary storage). That sucks.
    (I have opened up one case just at the gardening area of that 2 weeks ago)
    So... even though WalMart might have them in distributing center by now, their stuff hardly can move...and if those shelfwarmers don't clear the way, I see there is just no shelf for the new ones..

Target ... in my work area, I spoke to a manager and two weeks ago he said they have not received much TF and Lego as well. It was true that since I hardly spotted any legend 5in1 set and the Universe Leo Prime. Last week they finally have them... but the deluxe rotf was still dry.

And it seems like only Toysrus has done a good job to clear some stuff since they have been the most aggressive to lower price before the Black Friday. And I was surprise to see the new stuff today just for the heck of it... and I have started hunting on this wave ever since the week after Black Friday...

btw, I almost ordered a dirge from TF club yesterday but it went out of stock in a matter of a few hours... just coincident case I didn't and then found it in person. Yes... it is the Christmas present for myself...

15. Megablah

News Credits:
    I appreciate the back up on my logic. However, I could not find a thread for a first sighting and I'm sure if there was one, it would be front paged.

16. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    That's what I had told him, while I spotted mine at a Mom & Pop shop, his post was the first I ever saw at a big retail store, I wanted him to post here to be all YEAH NEWS, but then he called me a racial slur and kicked me in the nuts. =/

17. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    confirmed for south corona ca. as well. My Toysrus had over 10 cases of these guys. shouldn't be hard to find at all.

Dirge: underwhelming
    Armorhide: great colors

The Nest stickers are cool, practically decals

18. feral prime

feral prime Well-Known Member

Bad thing about finding new deluxes in my area of TN, is that we go through adry spellfor a month. My local Targets and Walmarts almost never put anyhting new out til the end of Jan due to them resetting the stores for the spring set ups so I suffer...lol so no Dirge til then..:( 

19. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Well, won't see these in my area for another six months. Dirge and Armourhide look sweet though.

20. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    Cool, I'm looking forward to armohide since I never got Landmine.