Roswell, the TV Series

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Falconhood, May 25, 2012.

1. Falconhood

Falconhood Harbinger of Apokalypse

Watching my old DVD sets of this series, and wow, it's still good. It almost feels like the first time since I haven't seen this in almost a decade. I was surprised there is no thread for this series, but is there any fans of this show?

I'm on episode 5, and I can't remember if the Guidance Counselor IS an FBI spy or something else. I remember some woman that had to lotion-up alot, but I don't know if it was her...I can't really remember...so it's a good time to watch thru again.

2. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That was a pretty good series..I don't remember everything, but I liked the characters, the stories for the most part...and of course, having Roswell as the backdrop.

You don't see too much of the people in the series anymore, except for Katherine Heigl,
    Emilie de Ravin was on Lost and most recently Once Upon a Time...but my faves were Shiri Appleby, who was on Life Unexpected, which I also liked and Jason Behr who's on Breakout Kings a bit...but not as prominent as Heigl.

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I quite liked the show. I've got all three series on DVD. I was annoyed when it stopped airing on (I think) BBC2 here in the UK and I never found out how it all ended until I picked up the DVDs years later.
    It was a pretty good show, just a pity it got changed about so much due to the hassles of trying to avoid being cancelled.
    I'd like to see it get revived and pick up what the characters are up to after all these years.

4. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    I love the show, too bad DVD sets are hard to find today.

5. Falconhood

I think i recall it was cancelled because it was on the same night that Smallville took-over on a different station...and it couldn't compete. Funny watching it and how much technology has changed, and how we went from teen-age vampire dramas(Buffy) to teen-age alien dramas(Roswell/Smallville) to teen-age vampire dramas(Twilight/Vampire Diaries)...like it's a cycle that changes every 10 years.

6. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  7. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    I would very much like to see a reboot of roswell, or something similar to it.

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    This morning I spotted all three seasons on DVD in a secondhand shop here for cheap and immediately thought of this thread. But then I'm in the UK so Region 2 DVDs ain't much use to you. :p 

Check ebay - there look to be some pretty cheap US deals for these sets.

9. Falconhood

hmmm...or a movie regathering...there are other shows i'd rather see a reboot of: Baywatch is one of them.