ROSS/TJ MAXX - TF Discount Heaven - What should I buy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bakushan, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Bakushan

Bakushan Well-Known Member

So I am sure you all know, TJ Maxx and ROSS are like TF toy heaven. When TF toys get old and unsold, this is where they end up and are sold for 50% off... which is a very good thing for us collectors.

My problem is, I have no idea what is what, what is good, what is bad, etc.

And I already know, you all will say "buy whatever makes you happy, etc" but I would like, if possible, to buy some things at a price where I can resell on ebay to fund my TF purchases for things I actually want to keep for myself. For this reason, I am cool with buying some TF stuff that I have no intention of ever keeping it.

I will say the "Movie Toys" are not that appealing to me at all, and really neither are the Prime toys. You go from Super Realistic to Super Kiddy looking toys... lol... I am more a fan of the G1 Cartoon Style Toys, Generations, Fall of Cybertron, Masterpieces, etc etc...

SO,

Here are photos I took at the local ROSS store in my town just now. They had all this DOTM stuff on the shelf at low prices, so I took pics so you could tell me what to buy.

What should I buy?
    Is the price good for the toy?

Here we go,

$98 - Everything. Buy or No? Is the price good for the toys?
    [​IMG]

$5.99 Each - TF DOTM Ice Pick - Buy or No? Is the price good for the toy?
    [​IMG]

$4.99 Each - TF DOTM Blue Steel Optimus and Ironhide - Buy or No? Is the price good for the toy?

[​IMG]

$4.99 Each - TF Whirl and Thunderhead - Buy or No? Is the price good for the toy?

[​IMG]

$6.99 Each - TF DOTM Deluxes Topspin and Barricade - Buy or No? Is the price good for the toy?

[​IMG]

$6.99 Each - TF DOTM Deluxe Jolt - Buy or No? Is the price good for the toy?

[​IMG]

$22.99 Each - TF DOTM Leader Class Ironhide - Buy or No? Is the price good for the toy?

[​IMG]

$12.99 Each - TF DOTM Voyager Fireburst Optimus and VOyager Shockwave - Buy or No? Is the price good for the toy?

[​IMG]

Thank you for your input!!!

2. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At those prices I would say NO. Dont attempt a resell on things the average US consumer is already saturated with all over the country.

Find a case of RTS deluxes at $5? YES...thats a better deal. DOTM Deluxes are at dollar general now for $5. Good luck beating that.

3. Bakushan

So basically, no-one gives a crap about DOTM Deluxes... or anything else? lol...

4. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I'd buy Commander Ironhide. I collected the DOTM cast in Cyberverse scale, and Ironhide is among my favorites. Amazing little toy. That's all I can recommend though, as I wasn't too much of a fan of the DOTM line either (besides Cyberverse). And I think you should keep it. You will fall in love with it.

5. KingStyle

KingStyle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    DOTM leaders are about the only thing worth value in that lot.

6. Bakushan

What makes something cyberverse or not? What is cyberverse?

What is commander? The small little guys?

7. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

buy the cyberverse ironhide and blackout because they are awesome. buy the leader ironhide because it is awesome as well. the voyager shockwave was a nice toy also.

8. madhatprime

madhatprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with snake eyes. you can't sell that stuff, DOTM was saturated everywhere. But who knows? The leaders are cool.
    I did one time find a universe/classics hardhead fir cheap at a Ross. I picked it up becuase I knew I could find a home for it becuase I didn't want it. I traded it here in the boards for a Pepsi Prime. Trading may be an option. The pepsi prime looks great on my shelf! good luck

9. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    If you have a Family dollar near you, they have DOTM Deluxes for $5. Of the top of my head, I remember:
    BB
    Nitro BB
    Cyberfire BB
    Air Raid
    Darksteel
    Barricade
    Mudflap

So yeah, I'd check there before buying any Deluxes at TJ Maxx (as much as I like them).

10. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

cyberverse are the little guys. cyberverse commanders are larger little guys and cyberverse legion is the smaller size, about the same as the old legends size.

11. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah dude, if you're buying this shit for resell you're not gunna have any luck. hardly anyone that's not eagc7 gives two shits about dotm stuff anymore. you might be able to resell shockwave and ironhide later on, if you're lucky.

12. Bakushan

So both buying it to re-sell (no profit possible) and buying it to keep (toys are stupid) are basically bad decisions? So: leave it all on the shelf? Haha...

What is eagc7?

13. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    An I the only one who looks at those pictures and can only think "how in the hell are the shelves so clean and organized at a Ross?"

14. Bakushan

I put the toys this way for the pic. Took me 20 minutes to dig them all up.

15. Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man Well-Known Member

To be honest I've seen better prices for those deluxes. Check Family Dollar, they're going for $5 apiece there now and they're STILL sitting on tons.

16. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lol, I was gonna say I've never seen a Ross/TJ Maxx toy section that wasn't an utter and complete disaster.

17. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if you like the toys, go for them except the deluxes. like everyone else said, get those at family dollar for 5 bucks.

he's a user here who's notorious for being a brat that refuses to get involved with any tf media besides the movies.

18. Bakushan

See, I didnt even know that at all.

There should be a thread/sticky for all known super discount locations/stores for TF toys.

19. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

The only DOTM deluxes people give a flying fuck about these days are Soundwave, Que, and the hypothetical Dino.

20. Compewtrawn

Compewtrawn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    are you asking if these are good scalping items? Really?