Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's acting

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jazz_123, Dec 25, 2011.

?

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's Acting

1. Good

44.4%
  2. Could do Better

41.1%
  3. Bad

14.6%
  1. jazz_123

jazz_123 Banned

What are your thoughts on Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's acting? To me I say she could of done better the scene were Sam finds out she got a car to me was like she could of shown more character more good lying.

2. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...it was meh...

I still would rather have seen Megan play this role, but oh well. Can't be helped I guess.

3. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

I agree Megan would've been better. RHW was horrible in that scene

4. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector I'm British i am

News Credits:
    I thought she was good up until the scene when she's talking to Megatron.

5. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Liked it, but could be better.

6. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This...

So far Megan has killed or tortured 3.5 of Megatron's soldiers,and converted one to Autobot...ism (she assisted Bee in Brawls death so that's .5)

She should've been the one to set Megatron right not some second bit underwear girl.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    She did about as well as Megan Fox, which is to say her acting was wooden and didn't really do much to make her character stand out compared to her looks, which is more likely what she was hired for.

8. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

She could have done better...however, she was still better than Megan Fox.

9. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I'll take her over Megan Fox. She wasn't great, but she wasn't terrible either.

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    It was decent.

11. FortPrime0083

FortPrime0083 Still in Youthful Bliss

I cannot see how anyone could have done better than Carly girl. It's not the type of movie to win acting awards. Don't we all speed though those scenes now anyway?...unless our women want to watch it with us.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I was kind of tempted to vote Could do Better because her acting was better than what I was expecting.

But then I decided to go with a standard of movies in general instead of cutting so much slack and went with Bad. Just no feeling that I'd want to see her in some other movie.

13. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

It wasn't her acting that bothered me, but just her place in the story. She was almost mary sueish. Everyone loved her (except Wheelie) nobody had a problem with her getting involved in Autobot affairs, and her being the love of Sam's life after only being with him for a short time. And she knew exactly how to push Megatron's buttons despite never meeting him before.

And of course half a minute long ass shot intro. I love eye candy as much as the next guy, but I found it almost insulting that it was just thrown in my face, like Bay himself screaming "You will like this girl! You have no choice"

Megan wasn't really that great an actress herself, but at least she had time to grow on me, and her role in the story was built up. And if you didn't like Megan at all, Rosie was basically the same character anyway, plus a british accent. So unless you've got a serious accent fetish, it wasn't really an improvement.

14. jazzgirl84

jazzgirl84 Mini-bot

I honestly thought she did fine. I had no problems with her at all.

15. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I voted "could do better", because she possibly could. She's a lingerie model I've never heard of, in her first role in a blockbuster movie. You would expect her to be utterly horrible. She wasn't.

No, I'm not nominating her for an Oscar, either.

16. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She didn't totally suck... in the movie, I mean.

17. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    I find it very refreshing to see so many generally positive comments about her acting being posted in here! I'm not her biggest fan or anything but she certainly catches WAY more flak for her performance than she deserves.

So I voted for "GOOD" despite my belief and faith that there's still plenty of room for improvement which she'll likely someday achieve should she continue along this latest branch of her career path. It was a perfectly respectable debut and I simply didn't want to diminish that accomplishment with a backhanded compliment, I guess.

Scenes like the one where she puts Mearing in her place by reminding her that, no, back off, my boyfriend's a HERO, you bitch seemed 100% authentic in their attitude and were perfectly delivered.

Considering the balls it took for her to man up and accept the role with next-to-no experience and the way she was able to seem so natural in most scenes while holding her own against pros like Francis McDormand, she definitely earned my respect as a promising newcomer.

Well, I think the disconnect here is that you seem to think she should have lied better when that really wasn't the aim of the scene or her dialogue. She wasn't trying to trick or deceive Sam, she was simply expressing hesitance to broach a subject which she knew was going to trigger another of Sam's jackass-episodes.

Pretty much everything about the scene seems designed to convey that she was thinking, "Ohhhh, shit, he's not gonna like this," yet still intended to ultimately be truthful about it nonetheless, her being pure of heart and all that. Which I think she pretty much nailed. It seemed genuine and playfully pained but cute. Especially when she at last sympathized with his dilemma and attempted to console him. It was a very "warm" and believably real sense of adoration and understanding which she managed to get across onscreen with nothing more than a meaningful transition of facial expressions from guilty apprehension to a more proactively soothing and heartfelt tone.

Haha, EXCELLENT use of statistical support for your point, lol. That was seriously great to read and spot-on! And while I still think Carly/Rosie was perfectly fine in her own right, I certainly don't disagree that it plainly should have been Mikaela doing the button-pushing at the end of the day.

Not really Rosie's fault in ANY way, though.

Well, as you pointed out, Wheelie had his doubts. Plus, I think you're overlooking the whole confrontation with Mearing about her involvement in Autobot affairs. And, yeah, the way she was just all of a sudden the new love of Sam's life might seem a bit forced, but there IS an insinuation that they've been together for at least three months (and possibly much longer depending on how long after TF:RotF it took for Sam to get his medal), but given the follies of youth rushing headlong into tr00 luv, combined with the ambiguity about exactly how long they'd been dating, and especially the real-world circumstances dictating the situation, I don't really mind just letting that slide and rolling with it.

And NO complaints about the ass-shot here!

Mmmm, 3D...lol.

Most importantly regarding your issues here, though, I think they do a good enough job of establishing why she knew how to push Megatron's buttons despite her lack of previous experience with him other than their brief introduction.

Addressing that issue was EXACTLY the purpose of the scene in Dylan's penthouse where she looks across the Chicago River and witnesses the brutal pwning of Megatron by Sentinel. Even if she couldn't hear exactly what was going on at that distance and through those windows, just simply seeing what went down there is more than enough for her to know how to approach him for maximum effect when the opportunity eventually presented itself.

18. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Actually, they're polar opposites: Mikaela was a tough-as-nails, hotblooded, somewhat slutty and slightly jerkass girlfriend [in both TF2007 and ROTF, she would constantly comment on how stupid Sam is, or snark about something else], while Carly is a delicated, cheerful, polite and supportive girlfriend [thus, "angel"].

In fact, you can even see their difference by how they crack jokes: Mikaela liked to deadpan snark at stuff [like her reaction to Ladiesman217 "That username fits him like a glove." with a very annoyed look], Carly was more of a practical joker ["No more smiles, I swear!" while laughing].

They're like water and fire.

19. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    this

20. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    She's not terrible, but she's not excellent...I'm not a good judge when it comes to acting.

I found her character to be rather likeable, and not just because she's pretty and has a British accent. She kinda reminded me of my brother's girlfriend which brings...good memories that made me biased.