?

How would you feel about Arcee or Airachnid ever being in love?

1. Absolutely no! Strong female characters are always ruined when they fall in love.

55 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. I'm not keen on the idea, but willing to give it a chance if it happens.

52 vote(s)
    21.5%
  3. I'm open to romantic developments!

104 vote(s)
    43.0%
  4. I'm not sure how I feel about romance between TFs.

31 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because that's more like a race or species than a directly related family. When they say "family" in the show, I'm pretty sure they mean they're just a closely knitted team or group or friends. You never see them calling the Decepticons "family." And the person I quoted seems to be implying literal family as in the twins from the movie or Jetfire/Jetstorm from Animated.

2. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Well, you can't forget the "twin brothers" Sunstreaker & Sideswipe.

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they all received life from the same thing, they would still be family. If you're parents gave life to every man, woman and child in this world you continue to say that we weren't a family?

4. Bountyan

News Credits:
    At that point, I really think it just depends on what your limitations for a "real" family is. If you believe all humans once came from a small number of people, maybe we are all actually a family. But I don't think Transformers are usually associated with being in the same kind of family we are unless it's either in a friendship kind of sense, or coming from the same protoform.

So yeah, I guess you could argue that they are literally a family or siblings. But not really in the context jackgaughan is asking.

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, people do have friends that consider to be more family than family, but that of course doesn’t make them real family, of course.

However, be it Vector Sigma or the Well of Allsparks, life on Cybertron all came from the same source. They may not have mothers and fathers like we humans do, but they are family. Before Cybertron was plunged into war, all were one. The only thing separating Autobots from Decepticons is ideology.

I do. We’ve been on this planet for many, many years and we are too similar than we are different from one another. I do believe we are all cousins (or closer on some level).
    They don’t call it the Well of Allsparks for nothing, now do they? Why is it a Primes job to unite Cybertron (I’m still going off of G1’s Optimus “’til the day, ‘til all are one,” bit, but I believe it still has relevance to all continuities of the Transformers brand.
    Cybertronian twins, however, are closer to one another than they are the rest of their brethren. I don’t know how it works for them, but perhaps their singular spark was once one, but who really knows. Just about every line of Transformers have had twins and I think it’s only a matter of time before Transformers: Prime gets its own set.
    Well, he does ask if they’re siblings or something else.

Like I said above, I think all Cybertronians are family to one another; however, being a family actually means something to the Autobots.

Megatron has his troops so on edge that the Decepticons only look out for themselves. In contrast, the Autobots look out for one another, and isn’t that what it is to be family?

6. Bountyan

News Credits:
    Well as to the last part of your post, whenever I use the term "family," I almost mean it in that they are related genetically. With transformers, I personally associate that with the characters that are blatantly referred to as siblings (since parents don't seem to exist) like Jetfire/storm, twins, etc. You make a very good point that are technically a real family though; but I guess it's just me that limits the "literal family" to a smaller genetic group and then I consider the 'other' type of friendship kind of family to what the Autobots in Prime are referring themselves with most of the time.

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's cool. Just as how some words don't translate well from language to language on our world, I wouldn't be too surprised if what Arcee wanted to say suffered something similar (or not). As they're alien, I don't expect the same things that apply on our world to apply to them—I'm pretty much open to anything, especially mass shifting. Why should Cybertronian metals act like metals of this world? Besides, the Transformers is good fantasy, and I'm going to enjoy it for as long as I can:) 

8. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    I wouldnt mind if they fell in love wuth each other LOL

9. stufa1978

stufa1978 Well-Known Member

I think these responses show why direct relationships with the TFers would cause too much questions.

But I am working on a kind of TRANSFORMERS ORIGINS and EXPLANATIONS story.

Oh it's not likely to be an official thing. But I haven't seen anything explain the origins and "EHEM" reproductive ways of the Transformer beings.

10. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Self promotion is not the purpose of this thread and neither is spamming.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  11. Una

Una Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind if they subtly showed us some romance between characters. I love the ones that are subtle like how (I know they are not a couple but this is just an example) Arcee and Optimus held hands. (So cute.)

I wouldn't mind if two characters showed their affection towards each other by gestures and actions.

I love romances that show, not tell. :cool: 

12. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Little things like that make it all the more effective.

13. Altimus

Altimus Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you said.

14. stufa1978

stufa1978 Well-Known Member

Well excuuuuse me.

I didn't intend to promote my name in lights or anything.

I just don't think even TFPrime will explain the full origins and habits of the transformers.

Isn't that the whole point of this entire site?
    Us lot injecting more life into our favorite franchise?

Anyway, back to the subject.
    I believe romance will be subtly shown in TFPrime. As with MIKO and JACK, Arcee and let's face it, Optimus and Bulkhead. Maybe a little Bumblebee too.

Clever story writing will allow fans to be left to their imaginations.

15. AlexaStar

AlexaStar Starscream is love

For me, I find human relationships in Transformers to be utterly boring. I'd much rather have Transformer/Human and/or Transformer/Transformer pairings just because it makes things that much more interesting.

16. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    We already have relationships in the show, whether they be Transformer/Transformer or Transformer/Human. But seeing actual romance out of those relationships, who knows.