?

How would you feel about Arcee or Airachnid ever being in love?

1. Absolutely no! Strong female characters are always ruined when they fall in love.

55 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. I'm not keen on the idea, but willing to give it a chance if it happens.

52 vote(s)
    21.5%
  3. I'm open to romantic developments!

104 vote(s)
    43.0%
  4. I'm not sure how I feel about romance between TFs.

31 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Maybe I'm running the risk of annoying some people with this topic, I hope not, but I'm curious to gauge opinions on this: how would you feel about the female characters of Prime, Arcee and Airachnid, falling in love during the course of the show? Romance is a common development for female characters in all forms of fiction, so it's worth asking. Do you groan at the idea of romance in a TFs show or are you open to it? There's been implied romance in G1 with the likes of Elita-One and Arcee; Airazor and Tigatron and Blackarachnia and Silverbolt were paired up in BW; and Animated Arcee and Blackarachnia were linked to Ratchet and Optimus (with arguable subtle romantic undertones between Optimus and BA especially).

So what about Prime Arcee and Airachnid? Would you find it interesting to explore possible past romantic relationships, such as Arcee and Cliffjumper/Tailgate? Is the idea of developing a serious romance in the show's future an undesirable one? Are Arcee and Airachnid best left single and the topic of love never addressed for them?

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Maybe Airachanid is jealous of Arcee's partners and that's why she keeps killing them.

Have you read the comics for this series? That took place before the series, I think there were romantic feelings between Cliff and Arcee.

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Romans has always had a place in Transformers, so it wouldn't bother me if it should happen, though I think it already has to some degree with Arcee and Cliffjumper and maybe even Tailgate...

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would be fine with Cliffjumper and Arcee being developed like that in Flashbacks.

AIRACHNID THOUGH? I don't see her falling in love with anything, the only thing she loves is the sound of blood dropping, that's how she rolls.

5. Altimus

Altimus Well-Known Member

Arcee and Optimus? Airachnid and Megatron?

6. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Wait, I thought it was already assumed or heavily implied that Cliffjumper and Arcee were a couple before Cliffjumper's demise. At least that's what I've gotten out of how Arcee reacted to finding Cliffjumper's horn and their playful banter in Darkness Rising. Not to mention Arcee's sheer determination to avenge his death no matter the cost.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I predict much noise from Spunky.

Being a romantic at heart, I'm completely fine with romance between TFs. Prime and Arcee pairing up doesn't sit well with me, however - I see them as father and daughter, not potential romantic partners. Now Cliffjumper, his bond with Arcee I saw as something more than just friendship. Some flashbacks to what they once shared would be great, if tragic, offerings. They would also help flesh out Cliffjumper further; I feel like I barely knew the guy.

As for Airachnid, nah. She strikes me as the kind of girl who derives sensual pleasure solely from acts of violence and slaughter.

8. Altimus

Who's Spunky? Yeah I saw that Arcee had something with Cliffjumper but he's dead. She'll probably fall for Optimus in the future of the series or vice versa. You have to move on...

9. AMG

AMG Old School

I have no problem with romantic relationships between bots.

10. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    Spunky's Profile - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards
    ;) 

11. Altimus

I don't have a problem with it either. Just put the two characters that seem right for each together.

Examples: Airachnid/Starscream both very evil and are opportunists. Optimus/Arcee both brave, strong and are the leaders.

12. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    I certainly think the concept of relationships could and should be explored further, but not with Airachnid/Arcee, since that doesn't make any sense. It seems like the human/Transformer relationships are the ones most being pushed, and I have no problem with that.

13. Altimus

I would rather see robot on robot romance relationships. Human on robot romance relationships seems kind of not right.

14. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In her own sick, twisted & totally demented way I think Airachnid is in love with Jack.
    I'm not saying it's mutual but I think that's why she tried to remove the closest women in his life.

15. Altimus

This may be true.

16. AlexaStar

AlexaStar Starscream is love

I would definitely love to see some romance in this series between the Transformers. Maybe Starscream could get hooked up with a femme, but perhaps that's just me rambling about something that I wish would happen in a Transformers cartoon......

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm open to it as long as it's natural, and because the characters are compatible, not just because one is a boy and one is a girl. (i.e. G1 Arcee and practically every boy in G1) That is bad storytelling.

Read: The relationships in Beast Wars. They all grew naturally overtime. Hell, BA and Silverbolt weren't even really an item until the end of season two. Airazor and Tigatron never overtly showed their affections until right before they were captured by the Vok, but it was obvious in hindsight. That is good storytelling.

18. Altimus

I agree make it so they stay together with one person. I would like to see Optimus/Arcee be together and Airachnid/Starscream be together few episodes before they're in situation or bring it up to each other each episode as the series goes on.

19. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

Arcee and Optimus? Ummmm really? Unless she has daddy issues or something...

Now Arcee + some eventual new character... possibly. But right now I'm not seeing much of a romantic future for her out of the current main cast of Bots/Cons.

And Airachnid... well, I pity whoever has the misfortune of being paired with her. XD

20. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In lieu of evidence to the contrary, I now declare this canon.

On a more serious note though, until more female characters are introduced to the cast, I rather they keep away from romance.

I'm not opposed to romance in fiction, it's just that in the context of Transformers, the girls are almost always paired up with someone. What I'd like for Prime is for some of the girls to have romantic partners, and some to strike it out on their own.
    And for Airachnid to kiss Arcee.