Rolling Thunder Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by catz, Jun 7, 2010.

1. soldierstar

soldierstar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Holy crap its Guiltar!

2. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ARGH.... nobody said that they stole the idea from Encline, Payton and myself were the first to comment and all we said was "encline was going to be pissed"..... because his original build was being "trumped" in a way.

I do agree that there are some big mis-proportions, but where he started and what he had to work with, he has done a fairly good job.

You are probably 100% correct.

3. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    WOW!!! I need to thank these guys for announcing this a couple of weeks before mine goes up for sale!!! HAHA...

Mine is based off of DON's design(which I found the story out behind all of this)....

I personally have always felt a TRANSFORERS/G.I.JOE crossover line would be much better than any of the ones we have seen...There is history there..I mean..COBRA made G2 MEGATRON!!!! That was in the early 90's.....But SW....Marvel......not my thing....

As for stealing mine....I doubt it. Even though I started posting some work on progress shots last year, Don's work has been around for like 5 years...THANKS DON!..Then there is also ANGRYSCOTT'S youtube video!

Mine is based on Don's work...yet, I used an original Rolling Thunder to keep some "G1/80's" feel to it...slanted front end..blah blah blah.....plus mine would more than likely never be massed produce at being almost 30" tall....as for my proportions being off....I know I can't convince anyone, but they are right..the head is in proper portion to the shoulder width, the only thing I wanted to do was add an anime feel with slightly large hands...You can wait for the final pics, then judge for yourself:) 

Either way...I hope this is affordable and can get to a lot of fans!

As for transformation....Like all other Prime's, the design for this is that the trailer/base(which I am doing) must come off and reveal the legs.

I just hope this one is at a nice low price, cause I want one....if it is not crappy...

4. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:

There are loads of 'Trucks' in the G.I.Joe line but the closest Corbra match to the Rolling Thuner is (IIRC) the Cobra Detonator.

5. Flint

Flint Master of Useless Info

I wanted this figure from when I first saw the unused art. Depending on the price I'm in

6. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Would be nice to get that for 100$ but we know that will never happen lol.. Once BBTS gets there greedy hands on it they will slap a 300$ or price tag on it LOL

7. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WOW, I really don’t see any mis-proportions that need be addressed in Encline RTP. Its shaping up to be one of the best customs I ever seen.
    As for the other RTP, We have no idea when they started or who they know. For all we know it could be someone who checks out this site. If they got the idea from Don or Encline it doesn’t matter. It just seems weird that a 5 year old concept art drawing is finally making its rounds to the custom boards and now is being mass produced.

I know there’s a YOUTUBE Video, facebook updates, a bunch of sites including hisstank have posted this custom work of Enclines.
    But being in the mass producing transformers field, I would have to say they know the body of work and most likely frequent sites like this.

8. darthdevious

darthdevious Destroyer of Worlds

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ecline, yours will still be much better...I hope yours sells for a mint!

9. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I am really interested in this and will most likely Purchase it after a review of course. If the plastic and quality control is up to FP standards then its bought. As for Enclines version the only problem I see with his is that it not a mass produceded item and this new one is.

10. GNX 0014 Purity

GNX 0014 Purity Well-Known Member

Looks nice

11. major revolt

major revolt rogue theory

From some deviant art concepts of TF Optimus/gi joe cross over stuff , sounds fucking rad.

12. Emperor Zarak

Emperor Zarak Decepticon Emperor

News Credits:
    *dies from the sheer epicness this might be*

13. Mykamusprime

Mykamusprime Well-Known Member

Wow, that's "I need to change my pants" awesome!!!

14. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

This is gonna hurt. I want it.

15. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol 

The fact that it's made from an original GI Joe Rolling Thunder vehicle, and is compatible with Joe figures, makes me enjoy it more. Bottom line, it's an opinion which, last I checked, I'm able to have.

Admit it, you're just trying to give Encline a plug. :D  :wink: 

16. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

as for mine...look again....head is just a little bit than 1/3 the shoulder width(not including arms), the torso is two head hight(which is proper)..so technically, all the portions are right. I have spent a tone of planning and design on this....it is right.

Not to mention I am RE-SHELLING using an original ROLLING THUNDER, not just designing a new on in some cad system, so I have to work with in the limits of that mold and scratch build out of styrene...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  17. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    interesting! I had the rolling thunder but sold it 12 years ago for $35 bucks...that was a HUGE toy

18. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    It looks cool.

But I'm really starting to not be too thrilled about some third parties anymore.

It was one thing for them to make their own designs, or even enhance figures. More and more now though, it's like they are just stealing concepts and designs without any care for who did the original work.

I wonder how Don feels about this one.

I think I'll stick to my Fansproject, and Shadow Warriors for now.

19. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Very cool.

20. iampoch

iampoch Member

Looks about right to me, honestly :)