"Rollin' the bones"

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jtscribe, Jul 7, 2012.

1. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

I've been looking for a BT Alert (or KO thereof) for a while now. And I am happy to say I think I stumbled on a steal:

PARTS LOT TRANSFORMERS BINALTECH ALTERNATORS MASTERPIECE BT CUSTOM CLASSICS G1 | eBay

It looks like it might be missing the head and possibly the hands, but no biggy for my purposes as I am going to make him into a Prowl.

Anybody ever take a chance on an auction or listing that came out well for you? Or you even really, really bad? (I'll definitely update this post, good or bad once I get it . . .)

2. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

There was that Megatron lot about a week and a half ago with Megs, A Go Bot, Hound, Ratchet, Warpath, Sunstreaker, Topspin and another Long Haul. That was pretty cool for $60.50 total.

3. jtscribe

G1? Nice!

4. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

None of them were complete, but it was worth it just for megatron

5. jtscribe

Update - finally got it today. Jeez louise USPS played some strange voodoo with that package. It was missing the head and hands. I can't tell if it's the HQ KO or not. It's definitely die cast as a real BTA would be, and the Autobot logo is painted on the left shoulder with the correct sticker on the front license plate.

So my Ricochet-repro-d-as-Divebomb was sacrificed for parts. He gave his forearms and hands to "Alert", and then my Alt Prowl donated his head. Looks so nice it's hard to believe the Impreza mold shouldn't have been used for Prowl all along. On the brightside I took Ricochet's head and gave it to headless Prowl. Think I now have an Alternators Streetwise?