"Roll Out" Command... Something Missing...

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by dsprks75, Dec 27, 2011.

1. dsprks75

dsprks75 Well-Known Member

I'll start off by saying that I love Peter Cullen being Optimus Prime again as much as the next TF fan, and I love the new Prime Show...

But am I the only one who's missing the traditional "Autobots! Transform and roll out!" command?

Yes we get "Autobots, Roll out" all the time, and it's great, but seems... lacking.

Just an opinion/observation...

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know I think it works better without transform. I mean by now everybody is aware that to "roll out'' you already have to be transformed. I think it works better as a command and doesn't feel too catch phrase-y if they ommit the transform some times.

3. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

^ ^ ^

To include "Transform!" in every utterance sounds like a pitchline for a commercial. Leaving it as "Roll out!" is more of a command I would expect from a leader.

4. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I felt the same way about the movies too. I was waiting and waiting for the full line, but it never came. I hope they do it in Prime.

5. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I hate "Transform and roll out", "Roll Out" is a command, and like previously stated, it's pretty apparent that you need to change into alt-form in order to do so.

6. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    As much as that line is classic, hearing the entire thing whenever Optimus issues the order would get taxing. That's why I like how they handled it in the movies; variations of the phrase.

"Roll out!"
    "Autobots, roll out!"
    "Let's roll!"
    "Ratchet...let's roll!"
    "Let's roll!"

There's just something about "Let's roll!" that I love. :D  I don't know why. Just a bit more casual nature. But even to have included "Transform" in one of the above mentioned cases would be cool.

And, as others have stated, "Roll out!" seems more like a command issued by a leader rather than a catch-phrase.

7. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Forget "Let's roll" or "Transform and roll out".

When are we going to hear Megatron use the Decepticon battle cry?

8. Ellamin

Ellamin Heroes protect Freedom! not safety! BAKA!!

News Credits:
    I want this starscream to say "Combaticons, Transform and RISE UP!" personally... :p 

9. megapork

megapork Cheese

Theyre transformers, they know what to do before rolling out. They cant really roll out in robot mode.

10. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know, most of the Autobots do have wheel-feet & in episode 23 Optimus did show that tires can be used in robot mode in his fight with Megatron

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Forget that I just want Megatron to say Decepticons Transform and Rise up.

That is way more awesomer. Besdies Optimus has used Maximum Overdrive which is much like roll out.

12. longhaulsub

longhaulsub PS3 Tag: Northporttroller

It would be nice to see that line stuck in a few times in season 2.

13. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    To all of those saying that Autobots can't "roll out" without driving, consider this: What is "roll out" other than "let's go!"?

From Urban Dictionary:

"Roll Out : What Optimus Prime says to the other Autobots when they're about to get down to business."

And by extension, "Let's roll! : to move and start an activity, attack, mission or project"

Take Optimus in the first movie at the observatory: "Autobots, roll out!" What do the Autobots do? They roll out...by running. Can't really drive down a set of stairs on a building like that observatory like that, can you? Does that stop them from rolling out? Not in the slightest, because they're not bound by "roll out"="needs wheels". It's an order or a command to initiate movement, engage the next mission, to vacate the scene, to venture forth to the next mission-at-hand, etc.. You can do that by driving and by running. Sure, "roll" would imply the wheels, but why be so literal? There is no rule in the Transformers franchise (or life in general) that states that "roll out" needs to include wheels and driving and so forth. It is essentially the bolded statement above.

THIS.

And "Maximum overdrive!" is basically "Autobots, let's run over everything in our path!" :lol 

14. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still prefer the classic line of Autobots,transform & roll out

15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm okay with just "Roll out" myself! It gets to the point swiftly and understandable!:) 

16. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't particularly like the whole Transform command, as it reminds me too much of Japanese fighting games in which characters call out their attacks while doing them—why would you want to do that; why not just do it. Remember the first season of Beast Wars with the whole Maximize/Terrorize? Man, was it bad back then, as every character said it and it took some time to cycle through all the characters—now that I think about it, I think I wished for it to disappear back then, so to not hear it this time around or not as much, doesn't bother me. If we only get to hear it just once like Megatron's classic evil laugh, I'm good:) 

17. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    I did find the whole "optimus announcing to the team what to do" thing a bit overplayed, at least in the 5 part opener for the series :p 

didnt help that pretty much every other line Optimus said was "Autobots, transform and _______"

i lol'd at his "Autobots, transform and gravitize!"

borderline ridiculous imo :p 

still, "transform and roll out" never gets old

18. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I prefer "transform and roll out..." because it seems more in line with Optimus role as commander of the Autobots. Generals usually give specific commands.. why wouldn't he?

It doesn't need to be used all the time, but it would be nice to hear the "Transform!" part when it's fitting.

I agree as that Megatron needs to give the "Transform and rise up!" line sometime, but it's not as fitting being that not all the Cons possess aerial alt modes.

19. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Makes sense tho them committing the "transform" part

Hasn't hasbro said that they purposely downplay the idea of any characters saying "transform" for some reason or another

Can't say I remember why but I know that its intentional

20. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Now you're making me think that Starscreams gone off to make the combaticons/find them...Actually that could work if they're like skyquake, hidden on the Earth. They're in Fall of Cybertron so it might happen xD