Roll Call (Pun-3X's Comic thread)

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Pun-3X, Nov 12, 2006.

1. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

All right! Good to see you back and you're presenting us with an epic dog fight to boot.

2. halconfenix

halconfenix Through the fire and the flames

Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    welcome back pun3x!

love the aerial fight!

:bay 

3. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I actually think I know what you're referring to, and that's kinda scary. Scarier than Shinkis...

Thanks guys, and I always had intentions of coming back. Unless something catastrophic happened. As I said, I should have posted or something. That was rather rude of me...

I find that with others too. It can be a while between updates, but as soon as THOSE comics get an update, it's all Giddy Time and stuff. :D 

I was thinking a good menu item, actually. Not sure what (else) you'd put on the plate though...

4. GladiatorPrime

GladiatorPrime working on Rampage P2-V2

:popcorn 

5. wolverenz

wolverenz Decepticon

News Credits:
    good stuff! Keep em coming!

6. Starzie

Starzie Explosions Are Fun

Just recently found your comic and since I'm actually registered now, figured I drop in to praise you.

Awesome comic is awesome. And epic. Love all the effects. XD Love those Gundams! You tempt me to start buying them. I already spend a small fortune on TFs. D=

7. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    I was referring to a name of that figure someone posted, I thought it was your renaming.

What's scary?

8. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

I just read all of the chapters, great stuff.

When is Chapter 13 going to be finished? It says that it is still in progress.

Can't wait to read more.

9. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Sorry again for the long delay. Most of this is revolving around the fact that I'm house hunting. And unfortunately the cash buyers are buying up all the properties that I can afford. At this moment we're just taking a moment to step back and see what the market will do. People are going mad-crazy right now, and I'm not going to get caught up in a bidding war that might settle way down once the banks out here release all the foreclosures they still have in inventory (which are a LOT).

But I did end up sneaking some new pics in to make new pages. Which means I can post some more stuff. So, here's a bit more to flesh out where we last left off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm hoping to post more soon. I have some new material to make panels out of, so if I get back to it, I should have some more stuff posted soon. I hate to say when because I don't really know, but I've decided to put my efforts here to keep me busy. So hopefully that's a benefit for anyone else still reading. :) 

10. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I can't be the only one questioning how crashing into a pillow makes ya explode. :lol 

11. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon R to the D to the D yo.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Both Roll Call and Out of the Dead Land updates? woo! Awesome!

12. Noise Maker

Noise Maker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glad to see that you're updating again. :D  Nice effects, as always.

13. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

And down goes Cyclonus. He is called "Cyclonus" in this comic, right? Or is he just the Armada?

14. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

It's Cyclonus. And his engine pretty much blew up on impact. If he'd just run out of fuel or something it would have been no big deal.

At least it was just that engine. The rest of him is gonna feel it for a while though. :D 

15. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Give that it was also his leg, and quite possibly took his arm with it, I think we'll be renaming him to 'Stubbs' for a while.

Pretty good illustration of what the Gundam are up against though. It took a concentrated, coordinated effort to bring down ONE con, and he's not even dead. Wheras who knows how many Gundam have already gone permanently offline in this whole fight? The best of the Gundam can certainly tangle with the stronger Decepticons, but when it comes down to the rank-and-file, Decepticon troops are better equipped, tougher AND more numerous.

16. halconfenix

Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    another awesome comic maker rises from the long slumber.... YAY!

i'm wondering about that as well... unless is an unobtanium pillow... who knows...

17. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Wait, so Warring at Play, Out of the Dead Land, Prime Time, Retribution, and Roll Call all post something new in about a two day window? It's a conspiracy!

Glad to see Roll Call back, even if you're taking Cyclonus out of the picture (for now, at least). It is pretty telling that it took so many Gundams to take him out when most Gundams can be taken out by just one Decepticon.

Hope to see you post again soon.

18. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

*pokes head in...*

UPDATE!

Well first, sorry for the MIA status. I don't want to jinx things, but I may have good news forthcoming in the next couple of weeks. Which would definitely involve a scene-change for future comics. :) 

(Except this storyline, which will all be done at this original location. :D  )

Anyway, yes, I said update. So update!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Considering how long it's been since this segment started, I'll catch people up a bit. Megs is out in the living room waiting for ANY Gundam to show up so he can trash them. There is definitely that fight going on. Hawk's group was sent out to stall whoever came out to attempt to back up Megatron first. Second group of Gundam flew out to help bring everyone back in--followed by second group of 'Cons. Still quite the tussle going on in the living room, but Hawk and co. are still keeping the Preds at bay as best they can to keep things from getting too thick. And here we are.

Oh, I'm also playing Tribes, Ascend. Loved the original Tribes (STARsiegeCRAFT was my favorite mod back in the day). Having fun with this game. God, I missed dedicated servers...

EDIT: Also finally switched the links on the front page to the links on Drunk Duck where the comic is now being housed. The comic includes a drop-down box that will let you get to any page in the comic, and each page is numbered by story (this is still story one), chapter and full page number. :) 

19. halconfenix

Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    update from Pun-3x???

:bay 

no seriously... i missed these fights!

20. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

One of the biggest compliments I can give you about your work is that you can make an inarticulate bricks from G1 still look so dynamic. Razorclaw's definitely not on par with Hawk, especially with those stubby arms, but you really make him look capable of some great poses.