Rogert Eberts review

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tekfreak, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Tekfreak

Tekfreak Well-Known Member

"They have tiny little heads, except for Starscream®, who is so ancient he has an aluminum beard."

wow, he didnt even get the name of the bot right.

2. gstommylee

gstommylee Well-Known Member

With Ebert i never did like how he critics movies.

tf2 too long? Its pretty much the same length as the first one.

3. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I heard stories of this guy sleeping through movies and then attempting to write a review.

4. butz

butz slippery when wet

Wow, that is one venomous review.

5. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Yay!!!

Roger Ebert didn't like this one. You guys don't underestimate him or you guys will be in the company of the guys who made the Godzilla, the one with Matthew Broderick.

6. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

So instead of just bemoaning one clip, maybe we ought to read the review ourselves?

Link: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen :: rogerebert.com :: Reviews

Some snippets which I found interesting:
    So he didn't like it. *shrug* I've still got my ticket for 12:01.

7. Triple Melter

Triple Melter come on fhqwhgads

Yeah, that automatically tells me he didn't want to like the movie before it even started; wasn't paying attention and was writing his review in his head instead of watching the movie.

8. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

Ugh, he totally slammed the movie. I think he went in expecting a deep revelation in the storyline that would take him back to his youth. What he got instead was a Bay-style summer popcorn flick. Boohoo. Once I see the movie for myself I'm soo going to slam his review. :drunk 

9. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

This guy reminds me of an incredibly angry penguin. Wow, really? If you can't PAY ATTENTION to a movie like Transformers then you either have ADHD or you're incredibly old, like the fossil we're talking about here.

10. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

That was a pretty bad review, like it was rushed or something. This movie is basically more like the first one so why didn't he make any comparisons? It's like he forgot he liked the original movie in the first place.

11. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

The crazy part everyone im sure will forget is that Ebert gave TF1 2007 a thumbs up and summed up the movie pretty well. So it scares me more so since he seems to be more on the spot than not with his reviews.

12. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

I agree. I have read many of the reviews and most all of them (even the good ones) say it's a mess of a movie.

13. Regulus

Regulus New Member

Hey everyone I am new here. I just wanted to say that I like Ebert's reviews most of the time, but I feel that he has an odd judging system he goes by. It works for him, but I can't always understand it. Like now, how do you give the first movie three stars, and then turn around and give this one only one star?

I mean he complained in his review that he didn't understand the robots fighting with their fists. If that were truly a problem it would be a problem with the series its based off of, and not the movie itself. The movie hasto follow the rules already established within the universe, and in this universe robots fist fight. What is so inherently wrong with that that you feel it degrades the film?

Anyways, thats just one spot where I felt this review was off.

14. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

I shall now hum the tune to *stars and stripes forever* while a single, proud tear slowly rolls down my cheek.

15. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What a douche

16. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

I love it when people criticise a negative review of the movie when they themselves haven't even seen the movie yet. Did anyone ever think that maybe - just maybe - the movie is actually as bad as most critics say it is? And that alot of the people who refuse to hear any negative criticism have already made up their minds that ROTF will be great, and refuse to acknowledge the possibility that it might end up being a steaming sack of crap?

You haven't seen the movie yet, yet you already plan to slam his review once you do. Which means you've already decided that you're going to love the movie, even before seeing it.

Where is the "wait-until-you-see-the-movie" crowd when you need them?

17. Tekfreak

Tekfreak Well-Known Member

well at least at 12:01 i will be going in with shit for expectations, so no matter the outcome, i will be pleased :p 

18. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I couldn't agree more. I hate the mere presence of his name. "Thumbs down" this, "Thumbs down" that. He hates every fuckin' movie that gets released, I swear.

19. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

What are you talking about? ADHD actually helps you follow the Bayformer Movies ;) 

To add on to what I said earlier, this review does seem a bit venom-filled, which tells me he either REALLY hated it, or it doesn't measure up to what he liked about the first movie. I've usually liked his reviews in the past, and this doesn't seem to fit in (I'm talking the tone of the review, his attitude, etc...). I could be completely wrong and he hated ROTF, but it just doesn't sound right in my mind.

20. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Not only did he not like it, he didn't like it for the STUPIDEST reasons.