Rodimus Prime/ Ultra Magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by lazerrodphill, Oct 7, 2008.

1. lazerrodphill

lazerrodphill Well-Known Member

Who do you think is the better leader? ALso the matrix grants the chosen one power? Last does a decepticon matrix exist ?

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Ultra Magnus, the Matrix grants anyone power, and no. The Quintessons made that up to trick Galvatron. Why they bothered, I don't know. They could probably have won him over with something shiney, like a ball of tinfoil.

3. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  4. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

magnus

and the matrix of leadership isnt an autobot thing, its just a transformer thing, whoever holds it uses its power....makes you wonder though...if megatron was able to kick optimus' ass while optimus had the matrix and megatron did not..what if megatron did have the matrix and optimus' didnt....the war would have been over a looooong time ago

5. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Ultra Magnus is the better leader, but he wouldn't say so.

fixed

6. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

You fixed it by misspelling Matrix? How does that work?

7. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

I like Ultra Magnus better(nothing against Rodimus or anything)

Also,didnt Starscream get a hold of the matrix once but he got rid of it cuz it was making him good or something?

I heard this somewhere.

8. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Leader is a tough term.
    Roddy opened the matrix and was thus the Autobot's chosen one. Kinda like a spiritual leader at that point.
    Ultra Magnus was then the military leader and general.

Optimus was both.

9. Silent_Magnus

News Credits:
    I fixed it by changing the TF wikia link to a TFwiki.net link.

For those that do not know. Most of the major editors that were working on the Wikia wiki moved because wikia wasn't treating them all that nicely.

The new site is TFwiki.net. Due to certain agreements they couldn't delete the old wiki, and the everyone on the ban list was unbanned.

More details in Nevermore's post here

10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    :lol 

11. Silent_Magnus

News Credits:
    Just noticed that I forget to actually change the link.
    I fixed myself this time.

12. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Rodimus is the better leader; only because like Optimus Prime, Magnus is too noble and play by the rules type of guy. Rodimus is more like Ginrai but not as confident.

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rodimus. Yes. No.

14. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

I would go with Magnus. As for the matrix in the g1 marvel comics thunderwing held the matrix for a while. If memory serves correctly the matrix started to become evil in a sense or tainted.

15. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

I would have to give the slight edge to Magnus. When Seibertron was destroyed, what does Rodimus do? He runs away with his buddies to find a new home world. Magnus stays behind to continue to battle the Destrons (though, he dies in a totally lame way).

16. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Both Ultra Magnus and Rodimus made mistakes as Leader, but Ultra Magnus would never have abandoned the Autobots when Cybertron had been just destroyed in Headmasters. I'd sooner follow Ultra Magnus.

17. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

I didn;t care for the fact that Rodimus left, but I think he would have been a better leader, after the the G1 Ep Burden hardest to bare, but he never had the chance.
    as well he like Optimus was chosen to bare the Matrix, thats why they changed and Magnus did not.
    and there is the answer to the Matrix and the chosen one, and lastly, as Bottom out said its a TF thing and the Autobots where the reson the matrix was for good.
    I would guess if the cons had it for a while, it would change.

18. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    ^^ I agree with LM here.

Rodimus was a young fighter who was thrust into a position he wasn't ready for and everyone brands him for that. It's like an army Sarge becoming President of the US because he found the last ones bling-bling. He had a lot of changing he had to do what the Matrix could not give him. Having the tools and knowing how to use them are vitally different.

Magnus, on the other hand, understood his role as a leader, and accepted his post as City Commander. He was very functional in his positon, but being the head of an entire army as opposed to one outpost? That's a big promotion, and he wasn't ready for that, regardless of his past as a leader. The movie made that evident in all the mistakes he did make.

IMO? Rodimus was far better. Thing is, he finally reached a point when he understood what it took to do his job, and Optimus came back and took the reigns again. Had Optimus not come back and G1 lasted another season, we'd have likely seen a whole new Rodimus Prime.

19. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

What mistakes did Magnus make?

20. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    Telling the only surviving Autobots on hand to head through open and uncovered fire from an aerial strafe to get to a shuttle dock that only put them in more harms way? Though they occupied a ruined base undergoing extensive repairs, seeking shelter inside would have been a better choice than running about outside with no cover. At least there they knew a layout and had something of a homefield advantage.

Leaving Hot Rod, Kup, and the Dinobots on Quintessa was another good one. "I can't deal with that now!" Great words when over half of the fighting force he had with him just got shot down. You think Prime would have left them behind without trying to mount some sort of rescue? Especially after they ended up ditching the pursuing Decepticons? Those famous words only echo how in the dark he was about the situations he was in.

Thirdly, his whole "Get to cover" bit while trying to open the Matrix. Not only did he take the strongest warrior avaliable (himself) and block himself from reinforcements from no fewer than 6 Decepticons, but he trapped them inside. If Galvatron wasn't so concerned with rebelling against Unicron, he would have had the whole team backed into a corner and virtually defenseless.