2D Artwork: Rodimus Prime Re-Design - Part 1

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by tull, Jul 17, 2008.

1. tull

tull Thrillhouse

Apr 7, 2008
    So I got the idea to do a re-imagining of Rodimus Prime's alt mode the other day. Specifically, I wanted to make this design echo the features of the G1 toy (the detachable trailer, cannon), and at the same time, show some stuff that you can't do with the toy.

The first part consists of the main body of Rodimus/the cab module. I decided to make it so that his leg components would fold up onto the back of the cab, instead of sticking out in the back. I also wanted to make his yellow wing moveable. When I do the trailer module, there will be an area where it folds down into and such.

So, here's the cab unit, and the trailer design will be coming next. Hope you guys enjoy, and any feedback would be appreciated!

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2002
    News Credits:
    Dude, it does look good IMO but it does give the impression that Rodimus' bot mode is bulky and the "wing" looks er, too high (but it looks like its able to fold down?). The overall "feel" is that its a tough alternate mode. The back part reminds me of Kup's alternate mode also! I wish I could draw like you do! :)