2D Artwork: Rodimus Minor Combiner Concept.

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by MPrime, Jul 31, 2009.

1. MPrime

MPrime Active Member

Ebay:
    Here is my entry into the contest, Rodimus Minor. I wanted to take a character and do something different with it rather than just update it to look like it;s from the movieverse. I realize people that are huge Rodimus/Hot rod fans might not like it but I felt I should try and make something that was familiar, yet completely different

So Here it is :) 
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

--BulkHead

[​IMG]

--Beachcomber
    [​IMG]
    Sadly Beachcomer dosn't like to fight by himself so There isn't alot of battledamage on him, However He woould lke to say something.
    Beachcomber is a extremely passive bot. His favorite saying is "Baweep gronaweep ninybon" No one knows where he came up with it or what it means, but according to him it means "Peace, Love and lubricant" :D  As a Volkswagen van He likes to show off his hippie side with his piece logo, but when you get him mad and he divides the symbol, back off!

Blurr is the Teams fastest and most reliable asset. Being the fastest thing to ever come from Cybertron, He is great at stealth missions where speed is a must. Blurr's altmode is a t-rex one of the coolest fastest things on earth so naturally its a easy choice for blurr.
    Here is a great video of his altmode.

YouTube - Fifth Gear T-Rex

Blurr.
    [​IMG]

For the design of blurrr, I wanted to make him a-symmetrical, and completely different. Blurrs leg wheel comes from the front left side of his vehicle mode, his right arm is the opposite front tire. The entire back of the viece then colapses to make the chest wile the front hood of the car make up the shoulders.

And Last, The group leader,
    Hot Rod.
    [​IMG]

Although the leader of there group, Hot Rod is very hot tempered and usually finds himself in in over his head. Although some what flawed as a leader, Hot Rod most retained most of Minors combat experience and is always ready for action.

Rodimus Minor Chose his name to reflect his former self but also adding the cybertronian word for 4, Thus Rodimus Minor was created. Rodimus uses his individual modes for special operations, but Only when combined does he feel complete.

For the design of the combined mode, I wanted to do a robot that wasn't just a parts former but a bot that combine completely together.
    Burr and Beachcomer make up the majority of the legs Wile bulk head and Hot Rod for the majority of the top half.

Thanks for taking a look at my pictures, I hope you like them.

Attached Files:

2. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

That's pretty awesome!

3. TacticalSamurai

TacticalSamurai Hunter Killer

Fantastic work I think you'll steal the show! Out of all the combiner designs here on this contest, I like yours the best. Very awesome \m/ and I wish all our designs were in the new movie already..but I really like your Blurr design.

4. bumble-archer

bumble-archer inventor

that robot is awesome man totally hot!!!!!!!!!!!

:p 

5. side_streaker

side_streaker Nemesis-Con

Awesome!!! I mostly like the Blurr design...It was genius!!!!!!! Good Job...

6. newguy

newguy i

It's not a freakin hippie van!!!!!! It's a split window Volkswagen bus. I bet you don't even know if it's an air cooled or water cooled. Speed 7? thats a fast bus. I will thank you for spelling Volkswagen right.

This can be considered a Volkswagen van, but really it's a Vanagon.
    [​IMG]

7. MPrime

MPrime Active Member

Ebay:
    Lol! Yes, I do admit I don't know much about the van, But..... Check the specks in the picture, Beachcombers altmode is a Custom Volkswagen "Hippie" Van, I do realize "it" as a vehicle should not be stereotyped, it's more or less a characterization of this particular "Painted" van shown in the picture :) 

8. silentdarth

silentdarth Josie's Daddy

Ebay:
    I think that thing is hot! My only minor (pun intended) is the combined mode head seems too small. Other than that, he rocks.

9. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    I am not a fan of those guys combining but the designs for most of them are really awesome! I think that Beachcomber is just a little to big and wide, I would've imagined him a tad skinnier. Other than that it looks really good.

10. JosephIor

JosephIor kirbytron

You've completely stolen the show, this is by far my favorite entry. Not because of the combined form, but because of the separate designs.

Bulkhead is cute as hell!
    Beachcomber as a hippie is genius! :thumbs2: 
    Argggh, you stole my leg idea with Blurr, have been trying to use that for a transformer for months. Anyways, Blurr alone beats everyother entry, even ONE's Bruticus.
    Hotrod is my least favorite, but that's because I dislike the character anyways.

Keep up the good work! ;) 

11. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    very creative

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Beachcomber is the only one I don't really like. Blurr is freaking awesome as all hell.

13. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Don't really like Hot Rod and Rodimus Minor, but the rest? Wow, fantastic job man! Very well thought out designs that are unique to boot!

14. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Hey Beachcomber is a hippy. :D 

15. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Bulkhead is a nice piece of work.

16. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Awesome entry! The idea of a combiner made out of these wellknown characters is unique, and I really like the movieverse Bullkhead!

17. An-Tan

An-Tan is a girl.

fuck, man, I'd do anything to see your beachcomber in the next movie and have him say "baweep gronaweep ninybon". I love the individual designs, but I'm not the biggest fan of the combined mode... but then again, I never much liked combiners.

18. Mit Gas

Mit Gas Member

That Beachcomber and Blurr are amazing designs. Love it!

19. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Brillant designs! Micheal Bay should really consider this for TF3.

20. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    Personally, I think Blurr is your strongest design and one of the most creative I've seen in this entire contest (although Beachcomber is hilariously awesome, just for the whole "flower power" paint job - would probably never happen in the movies, though).