Rodimus/Headmasters question?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Backscatter, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Was Rodimus Prime ever seen again after he, Kup and Blurr left in "Seibertron is in Grave Danger, part two" in Headmasters, or in any other Japanease animation after that?

If not, any theories on what happened to that trio? In U.S or Japan, Rodimus Prime sure had a short career as Autobot Leader.

2. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I donno, I always wondered that myself. I never saw the two series after headmasters so.

3. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He did not reappear in animation, but he did come back in the final chapter of the Headmasters manga, which is set between the defeat of the Decepticons at the end of the series, and the departure of the Autobots from Earth. He arrives just as Wheelie, Daniel and Chromedome have dispatched Soundblaster, Overkill and Slugfest, and talks briefly about how the trials he's had to go through on his search for a new planet, and the teachings of the Matrix, have strengthened him and taught him the value of peace, joy, and Earth and humanity itself. The way mankind lives, Rodimus says, is something that the Transformers should strive to do, too, and that both races will work together to live and grow and change - they're all Transformers!

Mmn, yeah. Them wacky Japanese.

Anyhoo, as to theories... we never saw Rodimus find another planet, but when he next appeared in 1991's "Battlestars: Return of Convoy," it was as a Micromaster, so it's often theorised that he might have found Planet Micro, the home world of Micromasters as seen in "Victory." Likewise, Victory's Planet V is also a good guess.

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thank you and even a good guess on Micromaster Hot Rod! Anyway, I always thought Rodimus Prime's actions a little cheesy. Cybertron had just detonated, the Autobots were in total shock and awe, so what does Rodimus do? He leaves them! "Here Fortress, it's all yours!" He even blew his last chance at getting Arcee. Did Kup and Blurr come back in the manga? If not, I wonder if RP just . . . got rid of them?:ev: 

5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, it was just Roddy who turned up. Makes you wonder...

6. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Sounds like they Primed him out of the toy line... The US show was hard enough to follow towards the end without then getting into the Japanese one. I wish they would come out with region 1 versions of the show with English subtitles so those series could be viewed the way they were suppose to be.

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the main depature of Rodimus departure in the Japanese series was to make way for the newer toys ie Headmasters etc.

8. JonnyT

JonnyT Well-Known Member

Yep, Rodimus and co.'s removal was a far more brazen example of writing out new characters in favor of new ones (new toys) than was ever really seen in the U.S. shows. However...technically speaking Rodimus was seen once very briefly in Masterforce, as Chromedome is relating how the rest of the Autobots and Decepticons are still fighting in space.

Since that whole sequence is stock footage from the Headmasters opening however, it's uncertain how literal that sequence is supposed to be. It's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that the hoards of TFs who left Earth may have eventually met up with Rodimus at some point

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As a bit of a twisted thing, it makes a decent backstory for Energon Rodimus since he comes out of nowhere.

10. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, it was a cool part of the storyline...one thing I enjoyed about Energon was that to a certain extent it gave Rodimus some "respect"...as he was displayed as "weak" in G1.

11. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, at least util they had him powerlink with that wussy-ass Hot Shot. Kind of like G1 in a way, great start with the character and then they just screwed him up.

12. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    My theory was always that, after leaving in Headmasters, Rodimus journeyed and traveled and what not for a number of years. I thought I remember hearing that he came back and met with Dai Atlas, and that he and Dai Atlas came up with the plan to resurrect Convoy. Once Grandus and Sky Gary find Convoy, Dai Atlas uses the Zodiac to bring him back, then Rodimus undergoes a Maximal upgrade of sorts, gives the Matrix back to Star Convoy, and becomes a Micromaster. It sort of makes some sense seeing as how he always saw himself as inferior to Convoy anyway.

As for Rodimus in Energon/Super-Link, I agree that there was so much potential there at the start. Rodimus even goes up against Hot Shot, who idolized him, and had his own little army. I so wanted to see a real conflict between him and Grand Convoy. Then all of a sudden, Rodimus just up and decides to follow Grand Convoy for the remainder of the series. As the show limped its way to the end, I kept holding out hope that the two Convoys would join together, link up, and defeat Unicron/Galvatron. But that of course never happened. The short story of Energon/Super-Link: maybe the best TF series ever had it only been about 26 eps instead of 52.

13. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah...Energon started off brightly then it sort of fizzled out. I was also hoping also hoping that both Optimus and Rodimus would combine and face-off against Unicron.