Heavy/Scratch: Rodimus canopy Tutorial

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by jordy, Jan 5, 2012.

1. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    Okay after looking at the one that was posted in the tutorial section I thought about it and said I can make the mod better so this is how I did it.

Step one, lift up the bonnet of rodimus while in robot mode, the screw that is in his gut is the screw you want to first remove as this will take the canopy of his back.
    Keep this screw as you will need it.

Step two, there is the second screw which attaches the canopy to the insides of the canopy, get rid of that screw you dont need it.

Step three, remove the pin that keeps the tail fin section, the canopy and the interior of the canopy together and keep it you will need it.

Step four, start to smooth out the hinges on the canopy interior, this section needs to be rounded off so that the canopy roof can easily be raised over the top easily with out hassle.

Step five, do a small cut where the front of the canopy interior connects under the canopy roof this are would be at the left and right hand side infront of the steering wheel.

Step six, smoothen out the sides around where the hinges are, around that area the plastic is straight and rectangular. Luckily this area is shallow so you will be easily able to sand paper it down or even use a stanley knife to slowly and carefully get rid of those sides as these part shelp lock in the canopy, other parts to remove while doing this are the corners next to the hinges, get rid of them as the canopy needs to be able to move freely up and down.

Step seven, cut down the amount of plastic on the sides near the back, just thing them down until the interior no longer locks into the sides of the canopy roof.

Step eight, remove a small amount on the back of the canopy on the left and right hand side where all the hinges lock into place, you dont need to remove every thing just a small amount so it can help move the canopy upwards.

Following these tips you will be able to have a rodimus chug figure have his canopy easily able to move up and down. Below I have supplied pictures on what it should all look like.

Attached Files:

• 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      801.6 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
  2. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    after looking at the other tutorials I have found that this way you take less off the plastic and the over all quality does come out better that what the others tend to give in end results.

3. roaddemon2001

roaddemon2001 Mr. fixit

don't forget to trim around the windshield, around the engine , or you will have to half-transform the front to lift the canopy

4. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    true that.