Rodimus advice needed

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jorod74, Dec 19, 2009.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Been looking for a Classics Rodimus, but he's pricey at times.

i am liking the TFA Hot Rod/Rpdimus that's in the pipeline. so i am wondering if he would work as a Classics Rodimus as well?

get 2 of him (one for the TFA shelf and one for the Classics) and just keep looking for a great deal on the Classics figure a little later...
    that sound like a good idea?

2. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    if ur considering getting him, get him. after his armor comes out he will be triple that price and ur oppurtunity will have been gone

3. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

How exactly does a toy have to "work" as anything?

If you think it goes... then it goes. Who else's opinion matters?

If you want mine, the TFA Roddy looks fantastic.. but nothing like the aesthetic of the rest of the Classics line...

Get a job and save up for the figure you really want. ;) 

4. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's up to you really, some have agreed that the Animated Rodimus looks good enough for Classics, some say it's too stylized.

I understand the cash issue. My opinion would be to get Animated Rodimus first, and if there's another re-release in the future line, get him. But being Mr Stingy as I am, I wouldn't pay that much for Classics Rodimus.

My opinion only.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    this! we have all seen the epic jump in price for the classics voyager prime molds once the armor for them was released so get it now before the major sticker shock sets in I intended to get one as soon as i can and hope like hell the armor's release date is far enough away yet to keep my planned purchase schedule unchanged

6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    have a look for him, you can find him cheap enough if you try, i got my first at retail, then my second for $5 a couple months ago to go in the armor, the deals are out there if you look

7. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah, get Classics Rodimus... don't waist your time buying toys to sub what you really want. Get Classics/Henkei Rodimus!

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

You might as well pay the $50 that Classics Rodimus goes for. That price isn't going to go down with how hard it is to even find.

$80 for Henkei Rodimus from ToyArena was honestly the best I could find for it.

9. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As others have said I would just get one of the classics/henkei rodimus figures. I have Henkei sitting on my shelf and a classics in package still waiting for the city protector kit to come out. In my opinion I like it more than the Alternators version because it looks more like the G1 version.

10. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Aesthetic is pretty different. Just keep looking, I see deals for the classics one every now and again. I snagged one not too long ago moc for nearly retail.

11. Alung

Alung Lazybot

News Credits:
    I've been watching loose and sealed Rodimus on eBay for the past 2 months and the auctions never went above $35. You can get one for $25-$30, just be patient.

12. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have been looking at ebay and the best deals are usually shipped from China.

FYI- i have a job, just prefer not spending Leader Class prices for a deluxe, lol.

Either way, will have the 2 Rodimus figs, hopefully both a Classics and a TFA mold.