Roddy and Arcee: One more chance?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Maniaxe, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Maniaxe

Maniaxe Well-Known Member

Before I get started I just want to say that this is all completely speculation right now.

I admit that I have a horrible soft spot for this pairing (I seem to be the only one in the world that does), and that may color some of this idea, as well.

We know that both Rodimus and Arcee will be in the next season, and I wonder of the writers are planning on giving them one more go as a couple.

Yeah there's the whole age thing (she was in the great wars 4 million cycles or so ago, we don't know enough about him yet to make any judgement), though to be fair, i've always been somewhat confused on the nature of cybertronian aging (Ultra Magnus appeared rather old in the flashback form Thrill of the hunt, and for all we know Ratchet was already not a young bot anymore then, as he was already one of the best repairbots on cybertron, I won't get started on UM).

Plus, there's the whole Lockdown situation. I know that Arcee lost her memories in an incident with him and Ratchet, and could, conceivably know about Lockdown's hand in the whole thing. I've been told (though my knowledge of the UK comics is limited) that Rodimus has some history with another weird headed bounty Hunter, Death's head. All this could Conceivably lead to a sort of storyline for the two (to go along with there already established connection).

Like I said, this is all speculation, but I admit that I wouldn't mind seeing this pairing get one more shot (I'm already hoping to finally see Roddy do what i've always wanted him to do, grow up and accept his destiny as a leader, so who knows?).

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering Ultra Magnus' bio even mentions his age, I bet he's one of the oldest alive bots around.

Anyway, while I could see that working, I'd rather have a Ratchet/Arcee relationship considering we already got all that backstory and stuff.

3. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

Only problem with Ratchet/Arcee... is that Arcee lost her memory.

4. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

I think they need to worry about Arcee more.She lost all her memories and what are they going to do about that?

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh you talk like Ratchet wouldn't try to do something about that if they meet again.

6. Maniaxe

Maniaxe Well-Known Member

Would he? Then why is it implied that even after all these years, Arcee's memory hasn't returned? I'm sure Ratchet has had ample opportunity to do so. The only answer I can think of is that the damage is permanent, even he can't figure out a way to do it. Remember these are robots, they act very "Human" but they ARE robots. They use memory banks, and cores, not brains. Unless Arcee had some back up memory disks somewhere, it seems to me like she's is stuck rebuilding her life from scratch.

In a way, I think this would be better for Ratchet's character. That shame he can't quite forget, that he, a autobot who is programmed to save lives, ended up, essentially ruining one, and it was done by one of his own tools. It leaves him more room for character growth, a constant reminder that some accidents are permanent.

7. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    I would be interested in seeing what they might do with the two of them. No Springer to interfere. ;) 

--Moony

8. tnasoundlug

tnasoundlug Well-Known Member

First Ratchet Reactions with her before something with Rodimus.

I got the feeling that is going to be a Space Arc half the season (probably to don't give Sari 'true identity' right away)

9. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Well, she still probably knows Ratchet saved her,
    and he was probably the first 'bot she saw after she lost her memory.

Personally, I don't think there willll be much of any "relationships" with Arcee besides the rare flirt. Kinda like in The Headmasters.

Why does there have to be a romantic relationship every time a female bot shows up?

10. Banzaitron45

Banzaitron45 Well-Known Member

I agree. But to go along with the discussion, we know there is Red Alert and if it turns out to be a she then.....

11. ntsan

ntsan Well-Known Member

Well there is too much male in there... :p