Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!!!!!!! National Champs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Optimus62, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Optimus62

Optimus62 War For Cybertron!!!!!

Whoohoooo!!!!!!!! Finally!

2. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Congrats, although had Memphis not missed 5 of their final free throws, it would've/should've been over.

PS - I had no dogs in that fight, but the referring - both sides - was atrocious, worst I have seen in a college bball game.

3. Optimus62

I totally agree man. If they would've made those free throws, they would've won.

Another thing that help was the reversal of the three pointer. If it would've counted it would've been a four point lead instead of a three and Chalmers three would've been irrelevent.

The refs did kind of suck the big one.

4. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah but its give and take. I hate to say it, but Memphis did not deserve to win after they missed free throws and kept shooting (and missing) all those unnecessary threes.

Kansas deserved to win, because they stood tough and did what they had to do to comeback and take the game.

5. Optimus62

I was starting to think that KU would do as it always does and choke. There towards the end I didn't feel they would be able to pull it off. Then Chalmers hits that miracle three. Then I felt that they should win because as you said they stood tough and didn't back down.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    man, what a way for the tigers to lose it like that. rose had tha 3 pointer taken away and missed that one free throw hes prolly like :banghead:  right now. guess all those blowouts couldnt prepare em for a tight game like this, sucks to be a tiger right now.

congarats jayhawks!

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I cannot in good conscience say congrats to the Jayhawks. My Mizzou blood won't allow it.

8. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

I couldn't believe that neither team tried harder to take advantage of the fact that hardly any fouls were being called (until the end). I would have been elbowing dudes, sweeping people's legs, etc.

I was rooting for Memphis just b/c everybody wrote them off, but if you have a 9 point lead and blow it in the last couple of minutes, then you don't deserve to win. Congrats to Kansas (by the way, did anyone see the LSU/Tennessee women's game last night? Yeesh. I haven't seen many women's basketball games, but that was damn near unwatchable).