Rock Band or Guitar Hero World Tour?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Super_Saiyan, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Super_Saiyan

Super_Saiyan British Bumblebee

I live in England and i'm not sure which one to get, Guitar Hero World Tour (when it comes out in VERY EARLY November) or Rock Band, RB comes out on Monday, so peeps help me.
    BTW I have Star Wars Force Unleashed, COD 4, MGS 4, GTA IV and Burnout Paradise on my PS3.

2. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Hard to say since we haven't played world tour yet. Rock Band will have more songs right away. I guess I would look at which has more songs you like, or wait to see which one has the better instruments since either game should work with the others stuff this time.

I want World Tour for Tool. :( 

3. TreKain

TreKain All Will Be Well TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Since it isn't a question of instrument compatibility this time around, getting both isn't the problem it once was. You can compare and contrast them as much as you like but they both have their strengths and weaknesses, and they both will have songs you love and hate.

4. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    Maybe get rock band and a guitar now - and then see about getting the GH band in a box kit when it comes out (or for christmas) - best of both worlds.

5. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm planning on GH: World Tour. I love the set list they got for the game. Tool, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, 30 Seconds to Mars, Ozzy and Metallica had me giddy.

6. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

Well, for the last month I've been hoping that Rock Band 2 would come out for Wii soon (there is a 360 here, but the roommate who owns it keeps it in his room rather than hooking it up in our living room with the huge TV -_-) but just in the last couple of hours...I looked up World Tour on Wikipedia and I no longer desire Rock Band 2 at all. But this is just me; I actually don't like the songlist as much, but the elaborate song creator and the fact that I can use the Guitar Hero III controllers I already have (Wii Rock Band doesn't have that compatibility) were major selling points.
    And: "Eurogamer reported that they were able to successfully create a "perfectly respectable cover" version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana." <-- this.

But again, that's just me.
    So my vote's in for Guitar Hero World Tour.

7. Neuco

Neuco Well-Known Member

Rock Band > any Guitar Hero game, hands down. World Tour is simply playing catch up to the Rock Band series. RB 1 and 2 were developed by Harmonix, the original developers of Guitar Hero 1 and 2 before NeverSoft took over, so Rock Band is the spiritual successor to Guitar Hero.

8. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i plan on getting GH: On Tour because i already got a guitar for it...i'll just pick up RB2 the game.

9. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i would say rock band as the dlc seems to just keep coming.

10. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    /\ This.

Also, the ability to create your own music (and download other people's creations) is too hard to pass up for me. Not that I'll be creating much music. I'm what you would call musically challenged...Meaning I suck.

11. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Well, at the presentation I went to Guitar Hero had Travis Barker, Mark McGrath and Ozzy Osbourne...Rock Band had powerpoint slides :p 

Seriously though, I'm getting the GH bundle and have the RB game solo :) 

12. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

I have 168 Rock Band songs...

One hundred and sixty eight. :O